Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paypal smartconnect question

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

paypal smartconnect question

hi all my children......

hey guys, i just apped for pp mc on couple of days ago and got approved for smartconnect instead.

Couple of things i like to no....

1. Do i need to wait for something in the mail and activate my account b4 i can use it?

2. I clicked on "view card details" and it shows my last 4 digits of my account number and it says spending power of 300 available ( Is this mean i can use this account now i mean like as of NOW literally?

3 Can I recon this for the pp master CC again?

4. since its backed up by GE, would this be a good way for me to get back to good graces with GE since i burned them in my bk7 last year?

5. Am i eligible for a debit card? ( I read somewhere that ur initial limit would have to be at least 500 or upgrade my account to either premier or business, which i dont wanna do)

6. if i upgrade to thier so called premier account, will i be paying some sort of fees of any kind?

7. I do not intend on selling anything on ebay or anything like that, i just want the debit card for a convenience  only ( am i wrong thinking this way?)

thank u all my children,

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: paypal smartconnect question

1) account info is on your Paypal. You just need to select make smart connect your primary method of payment

2) Yes, you can use it now.

3) if you're never satisfied with what you got in the first place you can always recon. I haven't heard of anyone successfully recon to MC.
4) the fact that they extended credit to you is a good sign. Use it responsibly and they grow again with you.
5) I have heard of the $500 dollar minimum. But you can still request the debit card.
6) there are no additional fees. Just high APR.
7) no you're not. Getting a debit card just helps use you're credit you've been granted. The card is designed to use your funds in the PayPal account first and if there are no fund its use the smart connect as a line of credit.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Your chances of being able to recon it into the actual paypal mastercard are slim to none. However, PPSC works basically the same way. You order the debit card, and make sure you set smart connect as your funding source. Once you get the debit card, you use it anywhere mastercard is accepted and it will pull directly from your smart connect account, basically giving you a regular credit card. You can even sign up to get 1% cash back with your debit card anytime you swipe it as a "Credit" (No PIN) transaction. 

Message 3 of 14
bk510
Valued Contributor

thank u mau....

how should i apply for debit card? over the phone or on website? (ok, i guess i'll do it online.)

however tho...i just tried to call smartconnet and paypal , just to kind a see if they answered the phone.

paypaly , i was able to speak to somebody, i suppose thats a good thing but with smartconnect, its all recording.

i just hope i dont have any issue with paypal and or smartconnect down the road ( i have read so many people complainig bout paypal and smartconnect)

Not quite sure thier compalins are all legit.

oh well.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 4 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I've had smartconnect for a little under a year now. I like it . 

To apply for the debit card, log into your paypal account and it should be in one of the menus (or go here)

Just sign in and most of the information should already be there. I think I just had to put in the last 4 of my social. Debit card will not be a HP on any credit reports, 

For the most part you won't be calling paypal about anything (unless it is something wrong with the paypal website or your PAYPAL account) paypal smart connect is from GE, and they're two different companies. so CLIs and all that go through GE. 

Message 5 of 14
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I just got approved this too and am going to use the debit card method. pretty cool that it basically ends up being a credit card.

Also, I just noticed on EX that it reports as a 'credit card' as opposed to other GE cards that show up as 'charge card'. Interesting....

Message 6 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@bk510 wrote:

hi all my children......

hey guys, i just apped for pp mc on couple of days ago and got approved for smartconnect instead.

Couple of things i like to no....

1. Do i need to wait for something in the mail and activate my account b4 i can use it?

2. I clicked on "view card details" and it shows my last 4 digits of my account number and it says spending power of 300 available ( Is this mean i can use this account now i mean like as of NOW literally?

3 Can I recon this for the pp master CC again?

4. since its backed up by GE, would this be a good way for me to get back to good graces with GE since i burned them in my bk7 last year?

5. Am i eligible for a debit card? ( I read somewhere that ur initial limit would have to be at least 500 or upgrade my account to either premier or business, which i dont wanna do)

6. if i upgrade to thier so called premier account, will i be paying some sort of fees of any kind?

7. I do not intend on selling anything on ebay or anything like that, i just want the debit card for a convenience  only ( am i wrong thinking this way?)

thank u all my children,

Good luck to you!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 14
bk510
Valued Contributor

@jsucool

thanks for that difference between the two....

When I go to the sign up for debit card page, 2 things stand out right away to me and that is.....

On the top of the page it says PP debitcard Business card

and at the bottome it also says by clicking that i AGREE to upgrade my account to premier account.

So, i'm lil confused, what tha hell r they talkin bout?

I shouldnt have to upgrade my account to get a freakin debit card, AM I?

I guess what i'm gettin at is, if infact i end up upgrading my account just to get a debit card, what are the repercussions or anything i shoild look out for or be concerned about....thats the bottom line to me i suppose.

Message 8 of 14
bk510
Valued Contributor

@new earth

Have u applied for debit card yet?

and if so and assuming that u applied online, did u notice that thing bout where u have to UPGRADE to a premier account in order to get the debit card

Message 9 of 14
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

@bk

I've had the smart connect for 2 years and I haven't noticed any differences or additional fees. But then again I'm probably one of the few who strictly used it online.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.