Did you mean: 

pc sapphire to sapphire preferred

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

pc sapphire to sapphire preferred

is it possible? 

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: pc sapphire to sapphire preferred

You can call Chase and ask. But before you take any action please consider the sign up bonus if you apply for the CSP as a new card.  I would app for CSP and once approved move over the CL to the CSP. Like this you have the sign up bonus and don't  loose the CL.

Message 2 of 11
zerbherb
Established Contributor

its for my father. I  am helping him, he used it for balance transfer once why i literally don't know, when chase has a dedicated balance transfer card. But hey they this is why i am helping him.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 3 of 11
bch238
Regular Contributor

It is absolutely possible.  I did it.  There is no HP or SP involved.  You will not get a sign-up bonus.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 4 of 11
joedtx
Valued Contributor

just keep in mind once your drop the Sapphire theres no going back because it is discontinued it was a good card with no AF.

Message 5 of 11
zerbherb
Established Contributor

is the af cancelled the first year after you product change?

;
Message 6 of 11
joedtx
Valued Contributor

If you PC to a preferred without a promotion you will get the AF

Message 7 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@zerbherb wrote:

If you are already worried about paying the AF, why are you upgrading to the Preferred? Just keep your normal Sapphire if you don't feel you can justify an AF.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@zerbherb wrote:

If you are already worried about paying the AF, why are you upgrading to the Preferred? Just keep your normal Sapphire if you don't feel you can justify an AF.

It's not for him but for his father but you make a very good point.

Message 9 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You're right, I missed that.

If your father can't justify the AF it's better to stick with the no AF version especially since downgrading may not be possible later, and you won't get the bonus when you PC to the Preferred, so what's the incentive really?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.