Valued Contributor
jmbfl

Re: penfed

The PenFed VISA Platinum Cash Rewards card is a GREAT card. Getting one with a $10K CL was an excellent move by me. I got the SO a membership with them and had her apply for the card and she got an instant approval for the $10K CL she asked for, PLUS a $35K auto loan she didn't ask for. They seem to have a bar you have to get over. If you don't you're out. If you do they treat you very, very well. If keeping the problem accounts down allows them to put a card out there like their PCRs card I approve. I am off to a great start with PenFed and intend to grow with them. When I need to finance another car I am pretty sure they'll get the business. BTW, I have moved deposited money into accounts there.

HTSU -

Did you note:

"Navy is classified as a military credit union."

Site also gives you information regarding the size in membership and deposits of all CU's. I was surprised to find that the local credit union I am a member of, EFFCU, is as large as it is. For such a large institution they sure have some backwards practices. I have belonged to a CU since I was 14 years old and am a firm believer. When I was striving to emerge from my credit doldrums EFFCU took me in as a member and gave me an auto loan at an O.K. (not great) rate. But they did give me a loan with an unsatisfied PR showing (judgement, since deleted). All of my other recent success stems from that event.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

I did see that about Navy, which makes sense to me, as it started out very much as a uniformed services CU. If USAA were a credit union, I would expect it also to be classified as military, even though they dance back and forth with changing membership criteria.

That's an amazing site. I need to remember to start citing it when I recommend to people that they shop around at their in-town CU's to see who might give them a helping hand.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
jmbfl

HTSU -

Glad I could help out with that! While some of my posts run a little on the tough love side (some read: cranky!) I am always happy to contribute, particularly hard data, when I can. I think I got that from CB. Amazing what you can learn on the internet. At night I augment my income playing o/l poker with one eye and augment my finances by reading forum posts with the other eye. I have done well with both programs. The money I deposited at PenFed is pure poker profit... :smileywink:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+