Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan of attack for new cards/HP CLI on current

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

plan of attack for new cards/HP CLI on current

Citi DP 12.24%/21 months 0 or Citi DC 13.24%/18 months 0 (pre approved) which for higher SL

Venture 18.24% or CSP 16.24% (pre approved) figure both high SL trying holding out for 13.24% Venture offer

and lastly BofA CLI luv button (pre approved haha) been 6 months AND they were the last inq

which first, second, and third .. just 2 new accts and 2 inq last 2 years, good scores 740ish, 8 years AAoA, 15% util no baddies just a 30 day auto from 5 years ago

... most bang for loaned buck or hard pull

already in with Chase credit and CapOne credit for many years nothing with Citi..yet

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: plan of attack for new cards/HP CLI on current

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi DP 12.24%/21 months 0 or Citi DC 13.24%/18 months 0 (pre approved) which for higher SL

Venture 18.24% or CSP 16.24% (pre approved) figure both high SL trying holding out for 13.24% Venture offer

and lastly BofA CLI luv button (pre approved haha) been 6 months AND they were the last inq

which first, second, and third .. just 2 new accts and 2 inq last 2 years, good scores 740ish, 8 years AAoA, 15% util no baddies just a 30 day auto from 5 years ago

already in with Chase credit and CapOne credit for many years nothing with Citi..yet

I'd go with the Citi DC and the CSP. Venture is yet another travel card that would compete with the CSP and the cash back on the DC would trump the Diamond, unless the Diamond's perks are of more value to you. Whatever you do, try for the CSP first.

Message 2 of 6
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd go with the Citi DC and the CSP. Venture is yet another travel card that would compete with the CSP and the cash back on the DC would trump the Diamond, unless the Diamond's perks are of more value to you. Whatever you do, try for the CSP first.

+1

Message 3 of 6
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Where exactly did you obtain that 740ish score from? And are you interested in getting some nice sign up bonuses, or cash back, or what exactly?

Or do you want to grow a few cards to high credit limits?

Do you have any open credit lines other than credit cards? Such as car loans, installment loans, student loans, mortgage, etc?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where exactly did you obtain that 740ish score from? And are you interested in getting some nice sign up bonuses, or cash back, or what exactly?

Do you have any open credit lines other than credit cards? Such as car loans, installment loans, student loans, mortgage, etc?

735-745 and rising as I am reducing util 1-2% per month and about to CLI soft pull with Amex and Discover. EX and TU from them.

Interested in probably sign up bonus now as I have Quicksilver even though it's a stingey 1k limit PC'd from Platinum seeing what happens at the 6 month mark on this bad boy. Had the card for years I think CapOne wants me to dive into another app with them so they can HP me. I'm giving it the 6 months since PC to reevaluate.

High limits is of peak interest then sign up bonus then cash back. I figured the Citi DP would give higher limit than DC no reason other than assuming and some reading on here. Only 3 more months interest free with the DP and was going to PC to DC in the long run if I do not just go that way first. High limits are important.

2 previous installment auto loans paid off still on there helping AAoA longest revolver is 13 years.

I must know if you have had 4506 on either Discover or AMEX .. I am due on my BCE and about to ask 30k and see what happens at 20k now. I know Discover is just pretty much yay or nay wash rinse repeat .. been with them for 9 years ...  Seems like the new ceiling is about 34k for Amex without docs if with for a long time and good usage decent income (50k for me would be going over that 40% mark I have read about) Figure if 30k the docs screen pops up I will just try again, but put 24.9k and settle there...hopefully

Message 5 of 6
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

735-745 and rising as I am reducing util 1-2% per month and about to CLI soft pull with Amex and Discover. EX and TU from them.

Interested in probably sign up bonus now as I have Quicksilver even though it's a stingey 1k limit PC'd from Platinum seeing what happens at the 6 month mark on this bad boy. Had the card for years I think CapOne wants me to dive into another app with them so they can HP me. I'm giving it the 6 months since PC to reevaluate.

High limits is of peak interest then sign up bonus then cash back. I figured the Citi DP would give higher limit than DC no reason other than assuming and some reading on here. Only 3 more months interest free with the DP and was going to PC to DC in the long run if I do not just go that way first. High limits are important.

2 previous installment auto loans paid off still on there helping AAoA longest revolver is 13 years.

I must know if you have had 4506 on either Discover or AMEX .. I am due on my BCE and about to ask 30k and see what happens at 20k now. I know Discover is just pretty much yay or nay wash rinse repeat .. been with them for 9 years ...  Seems like the new ceiling is about 34k for Amex without docs if with for a long time and good usage decent income (50k for me would be going over that 40% mark I have read about) Figure if 30k the docs screen pops up I will just try again, but put 24.9k and settle there...hopefully

I've never had a 4506, but I work for a university that outsources all employment verification data to The Work Number (a division of Equifax), so they might have used that without my knowledge. I wouldnt worry about providing a 4506 if they ask for it.

Have you considerd joining NFCU? Its a minor pain to join via joining the San Diego Navy League, but they do give good starting credit limits and have $200 credit card sign up bonuses.

My FICO scores werer 735-745 before I did the Aliant CU Share Secured Loan trick, and that gave me a nice little FICO boost. Its nice being able to apply for credit cards and still stay above 740, instead of fighting to get back to 740.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.