Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan of attack...

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: plan of attack...

@afbar1114 wrote:

i have a no hassle rewards and a plat with cap1 should i close the plat and keep the no hassle rewards open once i get another prime card with  a higher CL

How long has each one been open for??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 25
CS800
Super Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:
Why not transfer to chase i was going to transfer it right when i got the card

I beleive that small BT's are fine and it doesnt raise any flag.

Message 22 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

I may be wrong, but I just feel like Chase would look at it like "this person can't pay a rebuilder card off??" and take it as risky. But by all means if you don't feel that way go ahead!! Just giving my opinion but YMMV. (not to you CS but the OP)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 25
CS800
Super Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:
I was thinking to do a bt of fp to cap1 but i can see why to a chase card because its prime...

I did a BT of my cap one to the Discover and it was only for $240. WOrked fine. I close the cap one and paid the Discover in 3 months (i sjut wanted to drag the payment history)

Message 24 of 25
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

I may be wrong, but I just feel like Chase would look at it like "this person can't pay a rebuilder card off??" and take it as risky. But by all means if you don't feel that way go ahead!! Just giving my opinion but YMMV. (not to you CS but the OP)

I see it as an advantage in a lower or even a 0 APR. I dont think they would look at it in a bad way .But caution is to do a low amount. Imagine going from a 19% APR to a 2 or even 0?

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.