Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

platinum RZMC

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: platinum RZMC

When I applied for it in Sept 2011, it didn't even mention Platinum in the terms. It only mentioned Gold with AF or Gold without one. In fact the stated APR was 21.99% yet mine is 17%. So the process does appear to approve you for the best product you qualify for and no longer offers a way to directly apply for the RZMC.

Message 11 of 14
tray
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'm not sure Platinum exists anymore.

It's Store Card, RZMC GOLD AF $79, RZMC GOLD AF $39.

They did away with RZMC Plat. and RZMC No AF.

So now it is the true Sub-Prime Card it was designed to be! haha

It is rare but still exists. Someone that works for BB recently posted he saw a $15k Platinum approval a few weeks ago. Forget Platinum, how about the BestBuy Reward Zone World MasterCard from CapitalOne Smiley Surprised It doesn't exist but I wouldn't be surprised if they launch it.

I would be surprised if such a card would ever be launch, but I think best buy slowly is going down the same path as circuit city, now stores are closing and people are losing jobs, what's next.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 14
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

It is rare but still exists. Someone that works for BB recently posted he saw a $15k Platinum approval a few weeks ago. Forget Platinum, how about the BestBuy Reward Zone World MasterCard from CapitalOne Smiley Surprised It doesn't exist but I wouldn't be surprised if they launch it.

i believe this is now how it works. you apply for the store card, and if you are most people, you will get the store card. if you don't qualify for the store card, then you will receive the gold rzmc with af.

HOWEVER, and they wont mention it (i don't think they want anyone to know) but if you have stellar (superprime) credit, they will then secretly approve you for the Platinum.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 13 of 14
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

i believe this is now how it works. you apply for the store card, and if you are most people, you will get the store card. if you don't qualify for the store card, then you will receive the gold rzmc with af.

HOWEVER, and they wont mention it (i don't think they want anyone to know) but if you have stellar (superprime) credit, they will then secretly approve you for the Platinum.

Begs the question then, just what is considered " super prime" credit? I would hate for best buy to go the way of circuit city. I would have nowhere to evaluate my online purchases before i buy.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.