Valued Member
carlismycat

please explain "Gardening"/"In the garden"?

I have seen this term a lot while reading on here. I looked over the abbreviations and could not find the meaning for this phrase.

All I can tell from reading on these tbreads, is it has something to do with not applying for new credit for an extended period of time?
Trying to garden again: Myfico Experian: 621, Myfico Equifax : 613, MyFico transunion: 639
Goal : 780

Established Contributor
colindidit

Re: please explain "Gardening"/"In the garden"?

Yes it's not applying for any cards or taking any hard pulls for anything... Gardening: growing what you have in terms of credit
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
09Lexie

[ Edited ]
+1
Getting CLI via SP's are definitely permitted. 😉
Frequent Contributor
pazuzu

Some guilty parties slip out of the garden, then sneak right back in with a seedling!  

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Valued Member
carlismycat

Ok That is what I thought ! I have a lot of gardening to do then, lol
I just added 3 new accounts in august last year (2 of which I regret and can't wait to close,or will have to sock drawer them&use,minimslly&pif just to esfablish more history) and will have had about 5 new inquiries (counting from the new cc's in august, plus this months hp for my approved discover 2,ooo cli,and hp denied cap1 cli request .
Trying to garden again: Myfico Experian: 621, Myfico Equifax : 613, MyFico transunion: 639
Goal : 780

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}