cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please explain "Gardening"/"In the garden"?

tag
carlismycat
New Contributor

please explain "Gardening"/"In the garden"?

I have seen this term a lot while reading on here. I looked over the abbreviations and could not find the meaning for this phrase.

All I can tell from reading on these tbreads, is it has something to do with not applying for new credit for an extended period of time?
Trying to garden again: Myfico Experian: 621, Myfico Equifax : 613, MyFico transunion: 639
Goal : 780

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: please explain "Gardening"/"In the garden"?

Yes it's not applying for any cards or taking any hard pulls for anything... Gardening: growing what you have in terms of credit
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

+1
Getting CLI via SP's are definitely permitted. 😉
Message 3 of 5
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Some guilty parties slip out of the garden, then sneak right back in with a seedling!  

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 4 of 5
carlismycat
New Contributor

Ok That is what I thought ! I have a lot of gardening to do then, lol
I just added 3 new accounts in august last year (2 of which I regret and can't wait to close,or will have to sock drawer them&use,minimslly&pif just to esfablish more history) and will have had about 5 new inquiries (counting from the new cc's in august, plus this months hp for my approved discover 2,ooo cli,and hp denied cap1 cli request .
Trying to garden again: Myfico Experian: 621, Myfico Equifax : 613, MyFico transunion: 639
Goal : 780

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.