Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please sum up all discover dislike in this thread

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: please sum up all discover dislike in this thread

Oh I can go on; Alaskan Airlines, Virgin American, Quantas....
Message 51 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

Americano Expresso.
Message 52 of 195
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I must have missed something. What was the purpose of 11 dollar balance transfers? Also why would you redeem low amounts to screw capital one?

Sorry but no wonder the lenders don't like you if that's how you are gonna treat them. They're extending you money. no need to unnessecarily screw them over. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and then act like it was their fault.
Message 53 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

But it is their fault for not delivering $1,000,000 in un marked bills to the GPS coordinates of my choice. Smiley Tongue
Message 54 of 195
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Going forward, everyone please use proper reference to this card and it's brand/trademark, Discover it®

Smiley Very Happy

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 55 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the more annoying one is people who say "Discover" channel.
Message 56 of 195
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

I was sad to see ShopDiscover disappear and replaced by Discover deals which has an annoying to use interface

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 57 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This thread may well be the ultimate YMMV. Love discover, hate discover this thread just goes to prove that not every card is for everyone. Not every lender loves all types of scores and patterns evenly. We all know the myfico posters are not exactly the epitome of a random sampling of credit consumers. We do things that break norms, that don't neccessarily fit into standard consumer behavior. Whether it is firing 5 payments a month at a lender to keep util down or having 2x annual income in credit limits or having 70 credit cards the behaviors here vary widly from standard deviations. Just because scores say you may be a terrificly low risk consumer, just by being abnormal and understanding the scoring may put you on someone's radar as someone to monitor closely.

I process lots of CC payments from regular customers and the vast majority could clearly improve their arsenal of cards. A good number of them are relatively wealthy but probably have less real credit knowledge than people who diligently read these boards and understand the concepts. They pay with cards that make no sense. Why anybody pays a 30 dollar bar tab with a slate card I will never understand. Once maybe, but day after day, month after month? But the average consumer gets in to a habit, and from what you see here, discover may well want that guy, with that habit.

As a business model, it makes sense. Why give a guy with 15 cards and 150k in available credit 10k? Chances are only 1 in 15 hes gonna use your card on any transaction. And those transactions are probably not going to be terribly profitable for discover. And that is what they are in biz for.

This is certainly not an apology for discover. I am a fan, but just from a logic standpoint I can't blame what they do. I understand that some people here by all rights should get more love from them. But as with any unrequitted love, all you can do is find something better.

Just hate sobbering reality Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 195
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Keeping in mind I work third I did use discover until the cash back never credited correctly. .. the 11 by became a joke just like the card
Message 59 of 195
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Besides the $15 ShopDiscover still owes me, there's nothing I particularly hate about the card.

I do hate how people refer to it as the IT card when nowhere on the website indicates it should be capitalized. Discovery is another pet-peeve, as is the wrong use of their/they're/there. I'll leave my thoughts their...

The "Discovery" thing may be intentional on the parts of some people, but it's pretty annoyng and silly to me.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 60 of 195
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.