Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please sum up all discover dislike in this thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: please sum up all discover dislike in this thread

From what I have observed on myFICO, most Discover cardholders are calling to get the correct cashback credited to their accounts. 

The only personal complaint I have with Discover is in regards to the dimensions of the card. Had they made it a little larger I could then use it as a drink coaster and it would bring purpose to my Discover card's life. 

Message 191 of 195
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

From what I have observed on myFICO, most Discover cardholders are calling to get the correct cashback credited to their accounts. 

The only personal complaint I have with Discover is in regards to the dimensions of the card. Had they made it a little larger I could then use it as a drink coaster and it would bring purpose to my Discover card's life. 

LOL, only in the Discover hate thread.

My calls to Discover CSRs have been to activate my IT card, ask for an APR reduction, request mid-cycle reports, and recon a CLI. Only time I ever had to contact them about a cashback glitch, I did it online and they fixed it ASAP..

Message 192 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Never had this issue. I've called to ask about a CLI, find out the APR for my card, dispute a transaction/block future transactions (which they did immediately no hassle) and change the original due date. Its not like I call them once a week but when I do call its always a great customer service experience. And I do not care much for verbal conversations, usually if I can make a request through chat or message thats the option I prefer. Smiley Happy Except with Discover

Message 193 of 195
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

@bz386 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I can compare it to Amex (who are friendly but VERY difficult to understand) and say that Discover is easier to understand.

Compare it to Chase and say that Discover is better about at least offering me some sort of solution vs. just saying "sorry, no, bye".

You obviously don't like Discover, and that's fine, but the definition of good customer service is so variable anyway that it's a pointless thing to argue about. Everyone has had great experiences with lenders and awful experiences with lenders. Discover's customer service, in my experience, has been very good. Maybe for you it wasn't. My experience with Chase hasn't been great. Maybe for you it has. But is there a reason you insist on arguing that Discover's must not be any better than anyone else?

I'm not arguing anything, I'm simply curious. I'm genuinely wondering why people have to talk to customer service so much. I have 7 credit cards and have rarely if ever spoken to any of the customer service lines, simply because I had no need to. But it seems like every other thread about Discover, people mention how awesome the customer service is. My favorite customer service is the one I never have to talk to Smiley Very Happy

+1 I almost never call customer service; I've been a member of one shopping site (it's called CD Japan) for over 15 years and I have NEVER once called them (and I used to do A LOT of shopping on their site). Likewise, I do a fair amount of shopping on Amazon, have done so for at least 8 years or so, and again, never called them. I've called Barclays twice (once for an unauthorized charge on my card and today to combine limits and close Rewards). It was fine and both conversations were short and painless. I'm not sure either why people are always calling CS. Although as someone who technically is a CSR, half the people call just to talk sometimes. 

Guess us older, single folks get lonely, or my time would be better spent cleaning out the car litter? Smiley Surprised

Signature needs updating
Message 194 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well ... that is an interesting perspective. Original too Smiley Happy

Message 195 of 195
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.