Not applicable

Re: please sum up all discover dislike in this thread

A festivus for the rest of us.
Message 71 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
They could have more variety in cards Yea, but you don't get the Freedom in hopes of building a relationship. You get it if it benefits you IMO. Worrying about a "relationship" is a waste of time because you can be cut off anytime for any reason. We are all just a number. One of many many many cardholders. Show a good history yes, but Don't just get a card because you want a different card. Get your score where it needs to be and apply for what you actually want.

Sure. But for example when i was choosing between the Freedom and the Discover I went with Freedom because I would love chase to see that i can hold on to a card and not just sign up and cancel for high bonus cards. It's not about "building a relationship" in a touchy-feely kind of way, it is about essentially manipulating your internal profile with the banks so they don't flag you. 

Message 72 of 195
barbaralee
Established Contributor

If the $11 BT was done with the intention of it being a joke, who was it suppose to be funny to? Smiley Indifferent

Message 73 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@barbaralee wrote:

If the $11 BT was done with the intention of it being a joke, who was it suppose to be funny to? Smiley Indifferent

If I worked for Capital One, I'd be quite amused that my daily pay is being balance transfered from Discover. Smiley Tongue

Message 74 of 195
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Just to clarify the purpose of this thread was not to simply nah discover but to put the running theme in one thread.... low credit lines amongst other things
Message 75 of 195
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:
Just to clarify the purpose of this thread was not to simply nah discover but to put the running theme in one thread.... low credit lines amongst other things

Honestly, the CL Discover gave me was higher than what AMEX gave me on my second revolver (ED)

Message 76 of 195
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

Yup. Slow, and I mean slow, cli's.  I am at the point where I show luv to cc companies that show me the luv. Discover ain't among them.

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 77 of 195
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Discover is a very "YMMV" lender. For me, they've been frequent and generous with CLI's. Probably because they were my first unsecured card and I used it very heavily for a long time. They have given my auto and/or SP CLI's every 6 months pretty much like clockwork, usually about 1.5-2K. Also, they reduce my APR about every 6 months as well. I have no complaints about how well they've grown with me.

The shopping portal is also good. I don't see a huge difference with the new Discover Deals. They changed the UI a bit, perhaps not for the better but many of the deals are still the same/extremely similar.

Message 78 of 195
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I had a Discover "black card" back in the eatly 1990's with a 10k CL - I closed it, and I really don't remember why but my CR stated "closed by customer" nothin ever late. I few years ago I decided to re-open a Discover card, denied, tried again 6 monthis later denied..... my 4th attempt was "approved" April 2014 with a $10,500 CL, a month or so ago they increased my CL to $11k.

I have no complaints with Discover, now AmEx and Comenity that's a different story.

Message 79 of 195
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

Sure Discover doesn't reward some people, juggalo9er, but what do you get out of this? What do you get out of goading Discover into taking action against you, then acting like an injured party to the point where you want a whole hate thread against the card that offended you?

I'm not just asking rhetorically. I'm really trying to understand what you get out of this.

Message 80 of 195
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.