Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre-approval woes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pre-approval woes

I've had my amex zync for about 10 months now. My zync has a hard limit of 500 on it. I've had no problems with the card however paying off the card several times a month has gotten a bit annoying. After I call a customer rep he informs me that I am pre-approved for a buisness gold and an amex blue. I told the CSR is take em both since I've always wanted a nice amex revolver plus the gold has decent membership rewards packages. After he sends me to new accounts I apply for both cards and got auto-denied. After a little recon I found out that amex has a policy of not giving people with zyncs that have a hard limit any other type if amex product. They basically told me that I would have to cancel my zync and reapply for the cards I wanted. My concern is thatiif I cancel this card, I'd be SOL with amex since the zync has been discontinued. Plus I've established a decent relationship with amex and would love to keep it going. Also why even mention the pre-approvals if I was going to be auto denied because of the terms of my current product. I tried having the hard limit removed but because the card is discontinued, I feel as if they are leading me to cancel the card. So of course they denied it. Has anyone cancelled their card and have been denied for a pre-approval just to be denied and left out of the amex party?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: pre-approval woes

If you want your relationship with Amex to grow you will have to cancel that $500 Zync. Your member date will always be the year of your first card so no worries there, just keep a record of the number so you can get any future accounts backdated.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pre-approval woes

Not buisness gold rather preferred gold. And thanks cageym, I was def leaning toward closing the zync. A good relationship with amex is def a high credit priority with me
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.