tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pre-approved for gm buypower

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Avoid. Smiley Tongue

Why? No AF WEMC, 12 mos 0% interest.

The GM rewards are pretty much useless to me, just bought a car, my first car purchase in 11 years - when I buy a car I keep it until it doesn't go anymore, or gets too expensive to keep it going. But I could use the 0% over the next year, and the boost to my total available credit.

EDIT: NRB525 beat me to it, but what's the Cap One roulette?

Because the way Mastercard designed this product, there are no two WEMC products that are the same. Each bank can choose what benefits their particular WEMC will have. And the Buypower card comes with very few of the benefits associated with a WEMC from what I understand. I assume this is what Nixon meant. 

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I said. If I could use points to pay for oil changes and other services I could max out the 5K 5% cap in short order to take care of my Diesel's needs.
Message 12 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If it was for any other company than GM well and Cap1 I would apply.. Can't support GM for political and ehitical reasons, but I will end it at that as that is a taboo on the forum..

I truely believe you can get better cards though that you can put the rewards towards buying a GM car though that would outweigh this card

Message 13 of 23
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Avoid. Smiley Tongue

The GM rewards are pretty much useless to me, just bought a car, my first car purchase in 11 years - when I buy a car I keep it until it doesn't go anymore, or gets too expensive to keep it going. But I could use the 0% over the next year, and the boost to my total available credit.

Because the way Mastercard designed this product, there are no two WEMC products that are the same. Each bank can choose what benefits their particular WEMC will have. And the Buypower card comes with very few of the benefits associated with a WEMC from what I understand. I assume this is what Nixon meant. 

You will need to back that one up with some facts.

Looking at the Guide to Benefits, I don't see any missing. Includes access to private jets if you so wish, for example.

https://www.gmcard.com/gmcardrt/agency/pdfs/world-elite-mastercard-benefits-guide.pdf

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Avoid. Smiley Tongue

Looking at the Guide to Benefits, I don't see any missing. Includes access to private jets if you so wish, for example.

https://www.gmcard.com/gmcardrt/agency/pdfs/world-elite-mastercard-benefits-guide.pdf

I remember people reporting that on this forum. Let me see if I can track down the specific info. 

Message 15 of 23
happypill
Valued Contributor

I can't think of a GM product I would want right now, so the rewards don't suit my needs.  In the past I have been interested in a Tahoe or Yukon, but ended up with something else.  In the future, if I lose my hair and grow out my gut a little I might be interested in a Corvette (haha, just kidding).  It's definitely not an everyday spending type of card because of the low annual limit on rewards, but 5% is nice for those that do like GM products.  If you don't like GM, well then a GM affinity card probably doesn't make any sense for you.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Avoid. Smiley Tongue

I remember people reporting that on this forum. Let me see if I can track down the specific info. 

Never mind. It seems that the Arrival card was the one I had read about that seems to not include many of these benefits ( http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/GM-Buypower-card-is-very-ugly/td-p/3732496/page/2

The part about WEMC products being different is true regardless, so buyer beware. But I do have to apologize for the mistaken info. Thanks for calling me out. 

Message 17 of 23
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

But I sure do like that Cadillac card!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 18 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Shogun wrote:

But I sure do like that Cadillac card!!!!

It is a nice looking card isn't it?  I have the generic design and it is flimsy and WEMC logo looks like it was taped on. 

Message 19 of 23
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I grabbed that card simply because I got the preapproved mailer.

5k with 0% apr was kinda nice, but I haven't carried a balance and I have $146 of useless rewards right now.

i just bought 2 new cars last year so Ipim set for the next 5 years at least.

i milked the last one for 11 years.

I agree with the OP. It's a GREAT looking card!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.