Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prime lenders

tag
GTT
Regular Contributor

prime lenders

besides chase,amex and discover, boa, who else are considered as 'prime' lender?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: prime lenders

@GTT wrote:

besides chase,amex and discover, boa, who else are considered as 'prime' lender?

Citi Barclay US Bank 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

I think its more in the eye of the beholder. Take Capitol One for example (who I admittedly mess with a little), they offer subprime and prime products so its in the eye of the person holding the card.

Message 3 of 8
GTT
Regular Contributor

probably because there is no citi/barclay nor us bank, i thought they were prime enough

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would include First National Bank of Omaha in that list, though not as big as the ones named here they are the largest privately held lender in the US.

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Other major banking institutions (non-CU) who offer both prime and sub-prime lending products also include:

Fifth Third Bank

Huntington Bank

Wells Fargo Bank

TD Bank

SunTrust Bank

HSBC

BMO Harris

Santander Bank

First Hawaiian Bank

...and the list goes on.  Also to note, certain products by some lenders are only available in certain geographic regions.

Message 6 of 8
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

I think its more in the eye of the beholder. Take Capitol One for example (who I admittedly mess with a little), they offer subprime and prime products so its in the eye of the person holding the card.

My Cap1 benefits are better than what I get from Barclay. 14.9 and 19.9% vs 22.9%. Free balance transfers from Cap1 while I pay 3.99% with Barclay plus I get rewards with one of the Cap1 cards.  I consider Barclay to be more of a prime card but Cap1 does pretty good with me. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 7 of 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@GTT wrote:

Based on degree of difficulty in getting cards from them, I would include IberiaBank and Simmons First.  Both have stringent underwriting requirements, but offer superior products. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.