Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

psecu

tag
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

psecu

I just applied and have a pending status for membership, does this mean no because lots of others were instantly approved? I applied for just the saving

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: psecu

I'm not sure ... but I would like to suggest that you should also open a checking account ... I believe you need it to get the fico score ... which is one of the best perks of a PSECU account.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 9
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@princeromeo wrote:

I just applied and have a pending status for membership, does this mean no because lots of others were instantly approved? I applied for just the saving

What membership group did you join through?  I know you mentioned before you're in Chicago...it's mostly limited to PA residents now.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK it's completely PA residents-only now.

I accidentally applied not reading the fine print at one point, wound up with a soft inquiry on my EX report and minus whatever charitable parks and rec donation I made.  No biggie but no access.

        
Message 4 of 9
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Mine wasn't instantly approved either, it took a couple of days. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 5 of 9
oracles
Valued Contributor

If i am going to be moving to PA in 1 month with my friend, can i use that address now to app for  a membership, even though i dont have  any proof as of yet that i am living there.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@princeromeo wrote:

I applied last night and was approved today. It may take a day or two.

Message 7 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@oracles wrote:

If i am going to be moving to PA in 1 month with my friend, can i use that address now to app for  a membership, even though i dont have  any proof as of yet that i am living there.

Almost certainly not, you don't have any supporting documentation that you're there yet, and until you do, you "might" be simply trying to weasel through the cracks... and PSECU must've had some issue in the past with people opening up accounts with them not in PA.  Probably too many people opening cards and other loans, without keeping much if anything on share accounts... or people just applying for the free EX FICO benefit, which is absolutely a loss for the CU if it's an unproductive member.

It's not big deal, once you have an address, a utility bill, and a driver's license or some other supporting evidence that you're moving there to stay, it'll be a done deal and one month isn't a huge issue in the grand scheme of things.

        
Message 8 of 9
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure ... but I would like to suggest that you should also open a checking account ... I believe you need it to get the fico score ... which is one of the best perks of a PSECU account.

Good Luck!

Incorrect. I only have the share account and get the FICO each month (fortunately).

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.