Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

psecu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: psecu

wow ya i got a call from a lady at psecu saying i lived out of state so couldnt open an account. o-well i tried

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

OP, I think I missed the memo too. I just qualified to join via an affiliation we have in common. So no credit products for anyone outside PA? Bummer. Smiley Sad

No, thats not the changes. If youre already a member, you can apply and get whatever you want. Its the MEMBERSHIP T&C that changed. No new MEMBERS from outside PA, not new products if youre already a member.

Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks

Message 13 of 36
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: psecuu

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure what to say to you. Obviously you didn't do your due diligence and research on the topic at all.

@Anonymous wrote:
  1. i got denied for a psecu account because said i wasnt a resident of pennisyvania. How does everyone else have an account then? any insight?

This isn't the most supportive comment I've ever read. I dare say most if not all of us at one time or another have asked questions that could be answered with a search. I know I've been guilty of this.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 14 of 36
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

+1 MarineVietvet
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 15 of 36
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I can confirm that credit products are still available for those that were out of state members prior to June 1st. I'm in Michigan and I just refinanced my auto loan today with them.. App'd this morning.approved by 2 PM.. recevied a nice personal you're approved phone call from a nice loan rep and told me my rate was 2.9%..  see ya wells fargo!

Message 16 of 36
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure what to say to you. Obviously you didn't do your due diligence and research on the topic at all.

@Anonymous wrote:
  1. i got denied for a psecu account because said i wasnt a resident of pennisyvania. How does everyone else have an account then? any insight?

This isn't the most supportive comment I've ever read. I dare say most if not all of us at one time or another have asked questions that could be answered with a search. I know I've been guilty of this.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

+1 MarineVietvet

You comment was most appropriate and indicative of a good moderator.

I appreciate your comment as I have been guilty of not doing research in the past as well. Moreover, often research will not give one the most up to date information.

Message 17 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I don't know if the non-resident thing came from PSECU or from the organizations that (briefly) allowed non-residents to join. And I doubt that any of us will ever know for sure.

Some people report still being able to join via Recs and Parks and the Arts organization, but most people are saying that they can't get into the qualifying organizations with a non-Pennsylvania address.

I suppose it's like so many other things in life --you might get lucky and get in, and you might not. All you can do is try, if you want to.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 36
DI
Super Contributor

I addedmy brother as a member due to my membership eligibilty.  We both are  out of state.  I don't foresee any reasons  for PSECU  to deny his membership. 

Message 19 of 36
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

I addedmy brother as a member due to my membership eligibilty.  We both are  out of state.  I don't foresee any reasons  for PSECU  to deny his membership. 

I don't forsee any issues either.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.