Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purpose of RECON?

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

purpose of RECON?

Okay what is the purpose of Recon?  I keep seeing people post they have done it (sometimes as many as 5 times) to get a CC approved they have been declined on. 

I guess I always thought if you were declined you didn't meet their criteria.  What does one say when they call to Recon?  I tried for Macy's card & still declined so thought I would ask what others are doing that is getting them approved?  I mean if I call them 5 times & annoy them to death will they approve me just to get me to quit calling??? LOL

Even though my EX score is almost the same as my EQ score it shows different things on the report.  I've seen people post scores lower than mine get approved (at least for the $100 CL at Macy's) so thought I would give it a go but no such luck. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: purpose of RECON?

RECON- the oppurtunity to plead your case to a real human- and every once in awhile they are having a good day- and pass it on.

I have a Chase Platinum VISA- I got appproved for a 4000 CL. The best card I have. Feeling a little cocky (and wanting the $40 Amazon discount) Several weeks later I applied for a Chase Amazon Master Card. I got turned down. I called custonmer service and they said It was because of applying too soon. She actually looked at my report and asked me about a past charge off I had , and I explained the suituation. She made me an offer I could get the Master Card for any amount, but I would have to decrease the Visa by the same. So I made the MC 1000 and reduced the VISA to 3000. SOmetimes I regret doing that (because the VISA has much better terms)- but it has worked out fine. And now I've got two decent tradelines!!

Message Edited by moondog7324 on 05-20-2009 08:07 AM
Message 2 of 3
mt2va
Established Contributor

Re: purpose of RECON?

Great I understand about talking to a person but what do I say to them??  Or why do I say I'm calling if I've already been turned down?  I see people post about calling 5 times & then being approved.  Is it because they annoyed them so bad they approved them to get them to quit calling? 

As I mentioned I called about Macy's (just wanted the $100 CL most with lower scores report getting) & was told I was declined & it was final.  So maybe they are not a good canidate for Recon but was wondering more specifically what to say when I call about the denial. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.