cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

putting more money on Citibank secured CC before it graduates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

putting more money on Citibank secured CC before it graduates?

Hi, does anyone have any experience of maxing up the secured CC limit at Citi before it graduates?

My secured card has is at $1000 and is due to graduate next month.  I have cash available to deposit more (I'm not sure what Citibank's secured maximum limit is) but would this push back the graduation date? Or would it not make any difference anyway to the unsecured limit they give me?  Would it trigger a hard pull and will I also get another one from Citibank before the card graduates?

Thanks for any advice Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: putting more money on Citibank secured CC before it graduates?

I don't you you can add more money once you account is set up.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 3
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Re: putting more money on Citibank secured CC before it graduates?

I have one and it states unfortunately that you can't add more funds.  Please post when your card graduates and let us know how it went..... maybe you will get a cli like Boa.?! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.