Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

puzzled about dcu

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

puzzled about dcu

has anyone else had dcu tell them they were pre approved for auto refi, cc, and other products but that their membership had to be approved first? this has been going on for about a week now.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: puzzled about dcu

@juggalo9er wrote:

has anyone else had dcu tell them they were pre approved for auto refi, cc, and other products but that their membership had to be approved first? this has been going on for about a week now.

Have you applied for membership?

Message 2 of 17
policebox
Contributor

It makes sense if you are not yet a member. They are telling you that you are pre-approved for all those products should you want them; however, one must be a member of the credit union before they are eligible to have those products.

If you are already a member, then DCU is making an error somewhere along the lines when it comes to the messages you are being sent.

Message 3 of 17
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yea that's been an issue with many people before.  Basically for anyone reading, if you want to do business with DCU, get approved for their membership first and then app for credit products.

And yes, I have read quite a few stories about the membership taking a while to be approved, but I think a week is a bit excessive.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 17
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i did apply for membership, sent in dl, ss card, utilty bill (from an house i closed on two weeks ago) and have heard nothing back...i was told i should hear by the end of today at around noon....guess they have 2.5 more hours till midnight lol

Message 5 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@juggalo9er wrote:

i did apply for membership, sent in dl, ss card, utilty bill (from an house i closed on two weeks ago) and have heard nothing back...i was told i should hear by the end of today at around noon....guess they have 2.5 more hours till midnight lol

Oh, I see.  DCU is not opened 24 hours opened tomorrow limited hours but I think that's just Cust Serv. If you haven't heard by now, do not expect to hear from their membership dept until Mon.  

Message 6 of 17
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Oh, I see.  DCU is not opened 24 hours opened tomorrow limited hours but I think that's just Cust Serv. If you haven't heard by now, do not expect to hear from their membership dept until Mon.  

at this point...i could almost careless lol

Message 7 of 17
rolangunslinger
Established Member

It does take a while to get the membership approved, but once they get it done they are very easy to deal with. I got my membership approved on a Friday, by Monday I had a CC account for 5k approved with them, and just refinanced my truck with them for a 4.24% apr. saved me $92 a month on my payments. 

Amex BCE - 25000, Discover IT - 21200, BOA Cash Rewards - 19500, DCU Platinum Visa - 10000, Chase Freedom - 13500, US Bank Cash+ - ????, Citi Double Cash - 6800, Lowes Visa - 25000, Truliant Visa - 3500, PayPal Smart Connect - 4500, King Size - 3450

Starting Scores 03/14 TU=614 EX=598 EQ=588 Current Scores TU=819 EX=801 EQ=811

Message 8 of 17
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i guess in my case they told me what i could get (build up anticipation) and then the delay in membership...i do plan on switching to them as their rates are great just waiting patiently i guess....maybe you can tell me if their rewards card is worth it?

Message 9 of 17
rolangunslinger
Established Member

I didn't apply for their rewards card, as I already have one that I use. So far I am very pleased with DCU and their policies. I just moved my direct deposit over to them this week.

Amex BCE - 25000, Discover IT - 21200, BOA Cash Rewards - 19500, DCU Platinum Visa - 10000, Chase Freedom - 13500, US Bank Cash+ - ????, Citi Double Cash - 6800, Lowes Visa - 25000, Truliant Visa - 3500, PayPal Smart Connect - 4500, King Size - 3450

Starting Scores 03/14 TU=614 EX=598 EQ=588 Current Scores TU=819 EX=801 EQ=811

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.