Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about Chase sapphire.

tag
michael0906
New Visitor

question about Chase sapphire.

hello every one,i am new on board.just wanna say hi to everybody.

i have two chase credit cards now.one is united plus,second one is slate,united plus has 22000CL,slate has 5000CL.

if i apply for sapphire,do you guys think i will get approve?

having two many cards in same creditor will hurt credit score?do i have to call chase to cancel the slate before i apply sapphire?

thank you so much~Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: question about Chase sapphire.

@michael0906 wrote:

i have two chase credit cards now.one is united plus,second one is slate,united plus has 22000CL,slate has 5000CL.

having two many cards in same creditor will hurt credit score?do i have to call chase to cancel the slate before i apply sapphire?

with those kind of CL's as long as they are not super new I think you would have no issue getting a CSP.

Apply for CSP and then after approval you can move the CL from slate if you don't want it anymore and close it... if for some reason you do have any issues getting CSP approved, you can offer to move the slate line to open the CSP and close slate.

Message 2 of 5
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@michael0906 wrote:

with those kind of CL's as long as they are not super new I think you would have no issue getting a CSP.

Apply for CSP and then after approval you can move the CL from slate if you don't want it anymore and close it... if for some reason you do have any issues getting CSP approved, you can offer to move the slate line to open the CSP and close slate.

Yes, what he said. I definitely wouldn't close the Slate first.

Message 3 of 5
michael0906
New Visitor

thank you for reply.

chase will allow people move CL from one credit card to an other?Smiley Surprised

i know citibank will not allow people doing this.

Message 4 of 5
wenbev
New Contributor

I would probably procuct change the slate for the freedom, app for the csp and if you don't already, open a checking acct with chase for the trifecta for points.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.