Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about backdating amex

tag
radiomando
New Contributor

Re: question about backdating amex

never one to give up easy in this game.  i decided to do open an online chat again with amex.   i simply asked again for them to change my member since date.   this was my 5th attempt.   well this person just asked me the year i began membership and initiated the change. i encountered none of the problems i had before.   member since date now changed from 2013 to 1988.  i just gained 25 years in credit history with amex.   date has been changed on web, waiting for new card that was mailed yesterday.  thanks myfico!

Message 11 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Sorry did I just get impression that OP made up member date and just got lucky in fooling Amex as it seems he was picking member dates out of a hat? Hopefully we don't encourage that kind of behavior as it is likely to make backdating harder or impossible for those who really deserve it. I would point out that this has already occurred as Amex has clamped down on acm/AU.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 38
KirkL

"I would point out that this has already occurred as Amex has clamped down on acm/AU."

Can you elaborate on what you mean?

Message 15 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@Crashem

Are you referring to 1990 to 1988?

Yes.  And the fact OP didn't respond to other poster's question.  And the general tone of posts.  All adding up.

Message 16 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Crashem

Here's hoping OP just skimmed over his own thread. Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@KirkL wrote:

"I would point out that this has already occurred as Amex has clamped down on acm/AU."

Can you elaborate on what you mean?

In the past, AMEX allow people to change member since dates to primary cardholder's member since date.  As such, ACM/AUs could "inherit" member since dates and significantly help their credit.  AMEX stopped allowing this because of possible abuses.

As OP originally mentioned, Amex EO said something about continuous membership.  I hear more and more rumblings about this "continuous membership."  As it has happened in past with AMEX, changes start at the top and take time to filter down.  If "continuous membership" becomes the new standard, then it will hurt a lot of people who are eligible under the current rules for member since date changes.  Obvious abuses only speed up this type of process.

Message 18 of 38
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the AAoA boost!

Message 19 of 38
radiomando
New Contributor

nothing was made up or grabbed out of a hat.    get a grip.   i was a member in 88.  thanks for your concern

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.