Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about cc product change

tag
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

question about cc product change

So... I guess best example of what im wondering... ive been thinking about doing a product change on my freedom card after my 0% interest is up in december.. so if I do a product change will the new card show up as a new account just opened and my freedom would close ??? Or will it just be an internal change with chase and the changed card will show up open since last year

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

Re: question about cc product change

they will send you a new card but it would keep the same account number and keep the original open date. just be sure to confirm that with the rep.

Message 2 of 12
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. Good to know ill make sure and double check when I do go for pc

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 3 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@xtdefy wrote:

they will send you a new card but it would keep the same account number and keep the original open date. just be sure to confirm that with the rep.

It will keep the same internal account info, but no guarantee that it will keep the same account number on the card.  People PC from MC to V and vice versa, and the numbers certainly change.   I just PC'd my MC TYP to DC (also a MC) and got a new account number.

Message 4 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP - what are you attempting to PC your Freedom into?

Message 5 of 12
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Im not really sure actully.. I just closed out my csp... transfered limit to my marriott card... 

Message 6 of 12
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

0Mostly im just shooting for maximizing rewards.. I got a ton of new cards this year.. and after the dust settled.. I wound up with marriott for a hotel card and ak airlines card for flight.. so most of my spend goes on those two cards.. 

Message 7 of 12
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

The slate for the 0 percent probably... would I get the introductory zero percent bt offer doing a pc ?

Message 8 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:

The slate for the 0 percent probably... would I get the introductory zero percent bt offer doing a pc ?

If you PC, you don't receive any introductory offers nor any sign up bonuses.  You're pretty much going in reverse from Freedom to Slate (if elegible for PC).  If you are just interested in a simple BT card, then the Slate may be a good fit for you, otherwise expect no thrills.

Message 9 of 12
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Ohh... ok.. well then no point in that.. I was thinking a 0 percent card would be nice for holiday shopping.. dont need a bt... so theres no point at all really messing with my freedom then.. its a positive line and it still see a little use.. thanks for the replies

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.