Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about chase referral?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question about chase referral?

i advised my friend to go for the chase freedom and she used my link and i was sitting next to her when she applied. it's been 21 days and there's still no signs of additional points in my account. Has chase tricked me?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: question about chase referral?

@Anonymous wrote:

i advised my friend to go for the chase freedom and she used my link and i was sitting next to her when she applied. it's been 21 days and there's still no signs of additional points in my account. Has chase tricked me?

They have a history of being difficult with referrals.  Was she approved for the card and used it so far?  If so, then I would send Chase a secured message and go from there.  It may take much longer than 21 days to get any referral points.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, good luck!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I referred my buddy and he applied and got approved for the link. Received the card on may 18th and been using it ever since. Haven't seen my points show up yet.
Message 4 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Never tried the referral, but wondered how quick they would be to give out the points. For some reason the delay is not a shock.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the longest period of time before someone received the referral bonus after referral?

Message 6 of 10
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Don't even get me started on Chase referrals. It to me 6 weeks to get the damn link in an email.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 7 of 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I sent a friend the link to apply for a Sapphire and it took exactly 8 weeks for me to get my bonus points.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 8 of 10
noobody
Established Contributor

2 month is about right
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Don't even get me started on Chase referrals. It to me 6 weeks to get the damn link in an email.

My husband and I have both tried to refer our daughter, and she hasn't gotten the email.  It's been a couple weeks. Ugh.  Quit showing me the ad if you don't really want to do it, Chase.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.