Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 92
Registered: ‎09-13-2013
0

question about cli

i have a couple new tradelines that upon activating, the rep(s) told me that i would be eligible within x amount of months (discover it and chase military star) for a limit increase. i have no desire to use these cards but welcome the clis (strictly utilization purposes) with open arms. does it matter if i use or dont use the cards for the specified times to initiate a cli (auto or hard)?
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: question about cli

It is hard to say really. Chase is big on HP CLIs. There is much speculation on how to get an auto CLI from them and most of the suggestionsa re putting a lot of money through them. Discover seems to be a lot nicer lately with CLIs. 

 

What other cards do you have?




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
New Contributor
Posts: 92
Registered: ‎09-13-2013
0

Re: question about cli

[ Edited ]
thanks for the reply. i actually have a few cards. but the discover and the chase are my "primes". if i could i rather just leave them be and let them report zero balances. after all doesnt zero balances look better to a lender than having balances? even though i pay almost everything i spend every month, im not good in paying a lump sum here, letting small balances report then paying off the rest after it reports. i pay everything in the beginning of the month and just let it report as it is, then when next month comes along again ill repeat. i hope that made sense cause it did in my head! lol.

i copied amd pasted this from my creditboard sig since its kinda lengthy lol

NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: question about cli

Those are good cards. Out of curiosity, why did you not just request a CLI on those and save yourself the hit to your AAoA?




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,752
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: question about cli

For me Discover is a pain in terms of CL.  Lowest starting limit as well. The card and customer service is top Smiley Happy I love my card but need to pif several times a month not to report maxed out card. While Discover will not move my 2,5K limit to 5K I just hit the luv botton on Amex and got 25K with same profile (got both cards 9 months ago)... I wish you all the best with a Discover CLI. Chase is famous for HP CLI and might even do multiple pulls on EX, EQ or TU.

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
Last app 01/15/2015
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: question about cli


lg8302ch wrote:

For me Discover is a pain in terms of CL.  Lowest starting limit as well. The card and customer service is top Smiley Happy I love my card but need to pif several times a month not to report maxed out card. While Discover will not move my 2,5K limit to 5K I just hit the luv botton on Amex and got 25K with same profile (got both cards 9 months ago)... I wish you all the best with a Discover CLI. Chase is famous for HP CLI and might even do multiple pulls on EX, EQ or TU.


This is why I am really hoping for an auto CLI before the holidays get into full swing. I have the chas to back everything up, I just love the rewards of the CSP and hate having to PIF multiple times a month to avoid reporting a high uti (high uti on the card, not overall uti)




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,752
Registered: ‎11-13-2012
0

Re: question about cli

yep... my Freedom is at 77% but my fault. I paid and payment posted the same day as statement cut but too late. Curious to see what a ding this will be on a single card nearly maxed out. Overall util is less than 5%... we will see. Glad I have no intention to apply for anything until 2014 (CSP last on my wishlist) and like this I can experiment a bit with my reportings Smiley Happy

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!
Last app 01/15/2015
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: question about cli


lg8302ch wrote:

yep... my Freedom is at 77% but my fault. I paid and payment posted the same day as statement cut but too late. Curious to see what a ding this will be on a single card nearly maxed out. Overall util is less than 5%... we will see. Glad I have no intention to apply for anything until 2014 (CSP last on my wishlist) and like this I can experiment a bit with my reportings Smiley Happy


I also do not plan on applying for any cards anytime soon. My plan is to keep the number of cards I have as the max amount I get. I will just focus on growing these cards. The Slate isnt really doing anything for me so I may replace it later on when I find an AMEX that I can use. Or maybe Discover. I started a thread yesterday about which cards people are going to use during the holidays and Discover was mentioned a lot. Either way, I am waiting over a year for anything new. 




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
New Contributor
Posts: 92
Registered: ‎09-13-2013
0

Re: question about cli

azguy: originally when i activated the discover card, i did ask for an initial cli but the rep told me to wait 3 months (december) then i would be eligible for a cli. i took it as the law cause i was treading on new territory. i think thats the reason why im kinda apprehensive on using those two cards. the limit is not high enough to be useful but at the the same time its a prime bank. if i could i rather just not use it, let it report the zero balances for the next couple months, then see if i can get those clis. my other cards are all pretty much zero balanced as well, except zales and amazon because of special financing.

a bit of side info: since im in with them, do you think inquiries will still matter on hard pull clis? i have 60 inqs on each of my bureaus. lol
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: question about cli


Xer0_SiN wrote:
azguy: originally when i activated the discover card, i did ask for an initial cli but the rep told me to wait 3 months (december) then i would be eligible for a cli. i took it as the law cause i was treading on new territory. i think thats the reason why im kinda apprehensive on using those two cards. the limit is not high enough to be useful but at the the same time its a prime bank. if i could i rather just not use it, let it report the zero balances for the next couple months, then see if i can get those clis. my other cards are all pretty much zero balanced as well, except zales and amazon because of special financing.

a bit of side info: since im in with them, do you think inquiries will still matter on hard pull clis? i have 60 inqs on each of my bureaus. lol

You meant 6.0, right? lol

 

How did you end up with 60 HPs in 2 years? Luckily, they only factor into you CS for 1 year but it looks pretty bad under manual review. I am not sure what they will think of your inq's during a CLI request because truthfully, I have never seen that many before. You could be the first to find out for us though!

 

Did you buy a few cars in the last year to get that many inqs?




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.