cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about credit card application

Member

question about credit card application

just take for an example,

 if I submit the application for American Express True earnings business card,

then half an hour later, I submit the application for penfed reward card,

then will Penfed see the American express' inquiry which was written to my credit profile

 just half an hour ago?

what if the applicatio sequence is reversed?

Thanks a lot!

 

EQ: 672 (Dec 3 /08) 706 (March 4 /09) 692 (Mar 14)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: question about credit card application

with American Express if you apply for 2 cards within 24hrs it's only 1 inquiry, they use the first inquiry for second card.  good way to get easy approval if you have good scores Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 11
Epic Contributor

Re: question about credit card application

If Penfed pulls EX, they will see the Amex inq from 30 min ago.
Message 3 of 11
New Contributor

Re: question about credit card application

hah i soooo misunderstood the original question, ooops Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Regular Contributor

Re: question about credit card application

Penfed checks Equifax, AMEX most often checks EXP, so Penfed would not see the inquiry.......

 


kulin wrote:

just take for an example,

 if I submit the application for American Express True earnings business card,

then half an hour later, I submit the application for penfed reward card,

then will Penfed see the American express' inquiry which was written to my credit profile

 just half an hour ago?

what if the applicatio sequence is reversed?

Thanks a lot!

 


 

Message 5 of 11
Super Contributor

Re: question about credit card application

So what if they see. If they see let them see it. If you are applying for credit you are applying for one. I dont understand your logic and it should bother penfed would see the inq?
Message 6 of 11
Moderator Emerita

Re: question about credit card application


concorduser wrote:
So what if they see. If they see let them see it. If you are applying for credit you are applying for one. I dont understand your logic and it should bother penfed would see the inq?

PenFed is famously touchy about not liking applicants who have been seeking credit.

When planning multiple apps that include PenFed, it's best to app them first, lest they get skittish when they see other inqs.

As mentioned above, though, a lender will only see inqs made on the report that they pull.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Member

Re: question about credit card application

American Express usually pull all three credit reports.

In my example, it seems that I should first submit

penfed application (I assume my credit report is pulled

immediately after the 'submit' button is clicked..)

then if I go on to apply for AmEx, this Am Ex application

is better to be submitted within 30 minutes..

so are other applications, if any.

am I correct?

EQ: 672 (Dec 3 /08) 706 (March 4 /09) 692 (Mar 14)
Message 8 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: question about credit card application

Inquiries post in real time....as soon as you click that submit button.  I apped online for US Bank, went immediately to Credit Check Total and saw the inquiry there. Went right ahead to Citi and apped. Approved for both.
Message 9 of 11
Moderator Emerita

Re: question about credit card application


kulin wrote:

American Express usually pull all three credit reports.

In my example, it seems that I should first submit

penfed application (I assume my credit report is pulled

immediately after the 'submit' button is clicked..)

then if I go on to apply for AmEx, this Am Ex application

is better to be submitted within 30 minutes..

so are other applications, if any.

am I correct?



There's no magic about 30 minutes.

PenFed pulls EQ, and AmEx generally pulls EX, so with luck, neither would see the other's inq. You just never know, though.

fwiw, when I did my app-o-rama last year, I app'd PenFed, then Chase, Citi, and BofA, in that order. A month later, I app'd AmEx Gold. Got them all. And by the time I app'd AmEx, all the other new accounts were showing, including the BofA with an $8,240 BT on it.

In my experience, AmEx doesn't mind other accounts if you're going for one of their charge cards, because they're going to get the annual fee off of you. They might be tougher on their CC's. I know that the $2500 CL they gave me on my new Blue is a lot lower than the approval figure I had on the Gold.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 11