Established Member
uptown4784

question about discover card

My mom opened up a discover card.. put me under secondary holder. I received discover CC with my name. Will this help my credit score?

Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: question about discover card

It may but there are several factors in play.

1. If you are an AU on this card you will inherit the payment history and utilization. ( be sure it has perfect payment history and low utilization.)

2.It will report to your CRAs and add age if the account has been opened for awhile (if it is a new account it will hit your AAoA).

3. If the primary account holder defaults your wont be held liable for the account where you can remove yourself as an AU.

the not so good.

1. just like number one if it has high utilization and bad payment history you will inherit this.

2. Some lenders will exclude AU accounts for scoring and loan decisions..I.e.. Mortgage, auto, and some CCC.

Hope this helps.

ccpics2.jpg
Blogger
HiLine

If you want that AU addition to have any impact on your credit profile, make sure that the new account is reflected.

Established Member
uptown4784

I do want it to count since my cs isnt that good

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}