cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about first premier bank payment...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question about first premier bank payment...

I paid a payment on december 2, my bill is due today, i paid the entire balance, but to "expedite" the payment and have the payment made on dec 2 it was going to cost 11 dollars, so i opted for the payment to be made dec 3, the money came out of my checking acct yesterday, but first premier (the automated thing) is saying the payment is still due....im worried about a late payment remark or lay payment fee cause its due today! but i paid it yesterday, well actually the 2nd, but it came out of my acct yesterday! Anyone have any expierence with this?!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
KittahMama
Valued Member

Re: question about first premier bank payment...

Yeah, they used to do it to me when I had them too. They're holding your payment to be sure of funding. It used to take like a week before they would credit my account so I could use my full balance again. Also, if they ever try to play games and you have proof they withdrew the money before you were late (ie. on time) you're fine, any lag in applying payment is on them, not you.
Message 2 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid a payment on december 2, my bill is due today, i paid the entire balance, but to "expedite" the payment and have the payment made on dec 2 it was going to cost 11 dollars, so i opted for the payment to be made dec 3, the money came out of my checking acct yesterday, but first premier (the automated thing) is saying the payment is still due....im worried about a late payment remark or lay payment fee cause its due today! but i paid it yesterday, well actually the 2nd, but it came out of my acct yesterday! Anyone have any expierence with this?!

I'm used to paying the fee for next day but i'm switching over to checking acct payments. How does that normally work for you??

As for your question I think oyu'll be OK because you submitted the payment to them ON the due date. Unless they are petty about not having it processed by the due date. But this is first premier we are talking about...

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How are these crooks able to get away with this, reading stuff like this really ticks me off, here you are trying to rebuild and are being eatin alive by all the BS charges.

I would think you should be ok, since they already drew the funds out of your account, the payment probably just has not posted to your account yet, I would give them a call and see what they have to say.

Best of Luck and report back the results if you don't mind.

Message 4 of 19
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

I dont have a first premier card anymore, I paid them off and told them to take a hike. Anywho, I never paid the expedite charge, I would always tell them that I couldnt afford it, or all I had was the exact payment and they would waive it everytime. 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be sure to update! They are closed today, but if the payment still hasnt posted to them i will be calling them. Yes, the charges to "expedite" the payment are ridiculous!! My victorias secret card wanted 15 dollars to pay over the phone with a debit card!! I couldnt believe it!

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I will be sure to update! They are closed today, but if the payment still hasnt posted to them i will be calling them. Yes, the charges to "expedite" the payment are ridiculous!! My victorias secret card wanted 15 dollars to pay over the phone with a debit card!! I couldnt believe it!

Oh my goodness, 15 dollars to pay over the phone with a debt card??? How much does it cost them to accept that payment over the phone.11 cents????

There should be laws put in place to PROTECT comsumers from being charged this type of money just because they have less than perfect credit, I understand when you have poor credit, you have to pay (I've been there, look at my sig) but Cap1 for example, 39AF that's it, no charges to pay online, over the phone, mailed in payments etc.......

As much as I despise Cap1, they at least give the credit rebuilder a fair chance, without nailing them with all kinds of ridiculous charges.

Sorry about that ^ I just get a little upset everytime I read about these sharks that call themselves CCC's.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a bit uncalled for. I of course didnt pay over the phone with victorias secret, i went online and paid via checking acct, i had to put routing and acct number, how is that free, but my debit card linked to the same acct costs 15 dollars? 

Message 8 of 19
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I've had them for about four months now and I cannot wait till my one year with them to fire them! With that being said yes it takes a while for them to post a payment. Sometimes takes 4-5 days for me. What I would recommend is not waiting so close to deadline to pay the bill. I pay as soon as I get my bill over the automated system
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 9 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
I've had them for about four months now and I cannot wait till my one year with them to fire them! With that being said yes it takes a while for them to post a payment. Sometimes takes 4-5 days for me. What I would recommend is not waiting so close to deadline to pay the bill. I pay as soon as I get my bill over the automated system

So your axing them at the one year mark? Thats what I want to do but im thinking about just SD'ing them so I can get the history. Not sure what to do with it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.