cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about first premier bank payment...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: question about first premier bank payment...

@LS2982 wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:
I've had them for about four months now and I cannot wait till my one year with them to fire them! With that being said yes it takes a while for them to post a payment. Sometimes takes 4-5 days for me. What I would recommend is not waiting so close to deadline to pay the bill. I pay as soon as I get my bill over the automated system

So your axing them at the one year mark? Thats what I want to do but im thinking about just SD'ing them so I can get the history. Not sure what to do with it.

I bet the AF is stupid high right? If you're going to SD it, you might as well close it, you will only lose the CL not the history, it should remain on your reports for the next ten years.

Message 11 of 19
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Im canceling them at the one year mark? What's your af and apr with them? Mine is 50 af with 19.99 apr. I've heard that after one year they start charging you a service fee of 8 dollars per month and first premier claims they have to do this cause they must report a balance. After a year I will be good with my navy federal and bofa cards so yes I will be canning first premier!
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow my AF is $59 and my apr is 49.99%!!!!! 

Message 13 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

wow my AF is $59 and my apr is 49.99%!!!!! 

Same here. I keep leaning on closing it in march when the year is up.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 19
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

How can this be? I thought my 19.99apr was kinda high
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I makeep my payments at CVS drugstore $4.95 fee and it only take 2 minutes to post
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

49.99%apr is this even possible or legal? I was under the impression that 36% is the highest possible APR for CC companies. I had First Premier for a year, and I never used the expedite payment option. I always schedule the payments befire due date or right in the due date. And they will take it out and credit my account the next day.

I know if you bounced a check or a payment reverse they will hold your funds for a longer period of time to make sure the bank is cleared.

Upon my annual is up, I called in to cancel the card and was offered to waive my AF for the 2nd year. I was like ok no AF, keep my utilization down I'm down to SD it.

But then I got so ticked off because they're only allowed 3 payments a month and I happened to pay more than 3 times. They suspended my CC. They wanted me to fax in my personal bank statement to prove I am who I am after a whole year of using the same bank to pay them.

I called back in and canceled the card with zero balance. See ya!!!
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
49.99%apr is this even possible or legal? I was under the impression that 36% is the highest possible APR for CC companies. I had First Premier for a year, and I never used the expedite payment option. I always schedule the payments befire due date or right in the due date. And they will take it out and credit my account the next day.

I know if you bounced a check or a payment reverse they will hold your funds for a longer period of time to make sure the bank is cleared.

Upon my annual is up, I called in to cancel the card and was offered to waive my AF for the 2nd year. I was like ok no AF, keep my utilization down I'm down to SD it.

But then I got so ticked off because they're only allowed 3 payments a month and I happened to pay more than 3 times. They suspended my CC. They wanted me to fax in my personal bank statement to prove I am who I am after a whole year of using the same bank to pay them.

I called back in and canceled the card with zero balance. See ya!!!

It's legal in certain places.

Good on you for closing them.

Message 18 of 19
sreneesa
Frequent Contributor

49.99 percent!? Seriously??? Wow...

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.