cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about when card companies email you..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question about when card companies email you..

so as i am sure you know if you go from using a card decently heavily and then stop using it then the issuer will email you with a reminder telling you not to forget to use it to earn cash back. does this mean they may email promotional offers soon too? or is that unrelated? jw
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: question about when card companies email you..

any tips?
Message 2 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

In my opinion, the promotional offers tend to be given out on lesser-used accounts to encourage you to spend more. So yeah, your theory kind of makes sense. They're bugging you to use the card, so perhaps a promo is coming to entice you soon. Of course no one can say for sure, but I see the connection.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

well let's see Smiley Happy
amex bothers me sometimes with emails and chase emailed me for the first time today
Message 4 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

FWIW, Barclays emails me every so often telling me about their partners and their rewards and whatnot lol. I have the rewards card and I currently have a BT on it that I'm paying down and very rarely swipe their card. I guess they want some swipe fees from me lol.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
so as i am sure you know if you go from using a card decently heavily and then stop using it then the issuer will email you with a reminder telling you not to forget to use it to earn cash back.

No, I don't know.  My creditors do not do this.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.