Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

question

I had 2 Chase(Wamu) cards that was closed. I received a alert that changes were made to my report and after checking I see that the Chase card that I closed is still showing that's it's open but they changed the name from Chase to Chase-PIER1. I also see that they put that on my account on my report twice. Anyone know why would they change the name instead of putting the account was closed?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: question

@Anonymous wrote:
I had 2 Chase(Wamu) cards that was closed. I received a alert that changes were made to my report and after checking I see that the Chase card that I closed is still showing that's it's open but they changed the name from Chase to Chase-PIER1. I also see that they put that on my account on my report twice. Anyone know why would they change the name instead of putting the account was closed?

But you say it is still reporting open and it is not closed. When was this card last reported, and was that after the date you closed it?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It last reported on 8/24/2009 but the name change just happened hit my reports last night
Message 3 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It last reported on 8/24/2009 but the name change just happened hit my reports last night

The name changed without the "Reported" date changing? Also, when did you close the account and is it still reporting "Open"? Has it ever reported closed?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i closed it like 2 Months ago
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.