Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about balance and statement cut date

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: questions about balance and statement cut date

@Crashem wrote:
Utilization is not only about total utilization. It is also about individual card util and number of cards with balances.

I can tell you for a fact that if one card has high utilization even though total utilization is below 10%, you get a bigger ding than if the card utilization was lower. Can't verify that ideal card util is between 1-10%, but since ideal total util is that, it isn't a bad assumption. Try it out for yourself. You'll see a difference.

Lol What's up Crashem

Actually fact everyone has different sweet spot mine tends to be 1-5% of total limits vs. 1-9% YMMV 

OP will not take a scoring ding on a card that has less the 9% and a 4k limit on it won't happen in any fico scoring models

<10% UTL on one card is not high in relationship to total limits or in relationship to one card in this case 4K  Agree to disagree

OP other 4K card is $0

OP wants to app for new card

OP may be able to pay down to your numbers which you quoted as 80-400 which is by Fico standards 5% or less of total limits 

But what I read was you told OP should not have the one card over 400 was I wrong or misread which in your numbers represents 10% of one card? 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 12
jchu2013
Valued Member

Re: questions about balance and statement cut date

Thanks for the information.
My current situation :
Credit Score : NONE.
BOA secured card (4000), US bank secured card (4000)
4 Inquiries in Dec 2012
0 BAD

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.