Regular Contributor

quick barclays question

i'm ready to apply for a card from barclays. are they bk friendly? my scores are

(TU) 652 (EQ) 642 i have a bk from 2007 from reading a few posts they seem to

be easiest to get. just got approved for walmart and kay j. maybe i'll get a decent limit

with them. and can anyone send me a link for them THANKS!!!

Moderator Emeritus

Re: quick barclays question

creditchild wrote:

i'm ready to apply for a card from barclays. are they bk friendly? my scores are

be easiest to get. just got approved for walmart and kay j. maybe i'll get a decent limit

Hi creditchild,

BK Friendly cards has some good info on Barclays.  It's actually gotten to be a monster thread, but I think the first post and the last both touch on Barclays - along with several posts in the middle. 

Hope that's a bit  helpful.

I have a year old Barclay's Juniper card with a BK reporting (Ch 13 filed in 05, discharged in 09).  They pulled TU, and my FICO was about 726 at the time.  They sent me a couple pre-approvals in the mail before I bit. 

Good luck - and don't get too app happy.  If you have two new cards, you may want to put a little age on them.........and of course, always PIF and never carry a balance (I just have to always add that in - especially right before the holidays  Smiley Wink )

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Moderator Emerita

w00t, everybody!

What's that shiny new black box next to beamMEup's name???

Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

haulingthescoreup wrote:

w00t, everybody!

What's that shiny new black box next to beamMEup's name???

Smiley Wink

Tell me it's not so!!! I've already been pushed aside for a newbie. My welcome wore off in a hurry.  Smiley Wink

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Regular Contributor

creditchild wrote:

Here ya go creditchild and good luck! Woman Happy

Kay Jewelers

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.