Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Application under review" message

tag
boauld
Valued Member

Re: "Application under review" message

when I got that message on Sunday I was pissed. Then I called Monday morning they said your app is still processsing. Then I called on Tuesday he guy on the phone asked me couple questions about my employment n what I do. Verify name address n ssn then he said congrats you been approved for 5000$ I was like is there anyway I can get a bigger cl? Like say 10k he look at my CR n said well you don't have a high limit on your other cards so I'll counter that offer with 7500$ I said ok that fine!!! Don't be. Scared to ask as long as they don't hard pull go for it.
Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was your highest cl?? This new chase card is going to be my highest cl at $1,000
and I need at least $3,000 to do the BTs so should I ask for $5,000? Or would it be better to ask to combine the cards and then ask for $5,000?
Message 32 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, just called chase and no go on the cli Smiley Sad
Message 33 of 40
Over_It_In_SC

I just applied for the Chase Flexiible Rewards Platinum Visa and got the same message.. The thing that really ticks me off is that I applied within my category of scores (I know, no guarantees.. but..). 

I got the same message.. bummer..  How do I know what number to call?  I read some of the other posts and saw where people did this.  What did you say to the company?  Thanks

This forum is great and hopefully as I go through the process, I can be helpful to someone..

Thanks

D..
Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

call (888)245-0625

When I called I said this - "I just applied for such and such card and received a message that it was being reviewed and I would be notified in 7-10 days. I was just calling to see if there was any additional information that I could provide to help you come to a decision." - rep verified identity, asked me some questions about my report, put me on hold and it was done.
Message 35 of 40
Over_It_In_SC

Thank you..  I'm calling now..  I'll keep you posted..
Message 36 of 40
Over_It_In_SC

You must have lucked out on the agent you got..  With the explanations I got, it's no wonder people are getting denied..

*My mortgage is too new (mind you, re-fi'd in Dec 07 for decrease of 2% on rate - lived in this house for 18 years) so the mortgage thing is not exactly new..
*I have a balance on my Home Depot card (less than 1/2 of CL)..  Really?
*I am paying on a CO Cap One account -- shows balance, but not the fact that I've been paying on it since 6/06.

Oh well.. be careful in attempting this.. now I have an inquiry and nothing to show for it..

D
Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you explain that to the csr?? even if you did, call back, it won't hurt to get someone else. The already have your report and they wont pull it again.
Message 38 of 40
Over_It_In_SC

I did.. came about an inch within begging.. no.. actually, I think I did beg a little..  Explained all of it and the fact that I can back up everything I stated with hard copy proof.  Nothing.  I told her I was confused about the fact that my mortgage can be looked at as 'new'.  I don't get that at all when my address hasn't changed since 11/90.  I have monthly docs backing up the drafts that have processed every month for 2 years on the Cap One account.  Even asked for a lesser credit limit so I could prove my credit worthiness..  And even mentioned that I was a previous Chase customer with a 'paid as agreed' history..  That didn't matter, it was closed/pd account. 

Didn't mean a thing that I have made 100% of my payments on time for 24 months - after digging myself out of 'divorce-credit' hell.  Sheesh........

I'll keep you posted after I throw myself on their mercy one more time this afternoon..

Smiley Happy

D..
Message 39 of 40
aer7372
Valued Member

Well it's a no go for me.  I called again to check on the status and he said hold on let me check on some stuff came back and asked about my util.  I explained to him that I paid both of those cards in questions at the beginning of May, but they aren't being report yet.  (HSBC&Credit One).  So I guess I'll try again when these balances are reporting.  Sucks because I have so many inq now and I think it hit it again to check the balances since the report was run on 5/21/08.  So that is two inq and nothing to show for it.
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.