cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Best" way to transition to paying all things with credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Best" way to transition to paying all things with credit?

I would like to utilize the awesome rewards my new pretties have and I'm curious which way is the best way to pay? Right now I'm putting everything on my amex BCP to hit the sign-up bonus. Do I PIF before or after the statement cuts or leave a small balance? I have 0% apr for 15 months soooo.
TIA!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Best" way to transition to paying all things with credit?

You should let one card post 3-10 percent at least.
Message 2 of 3
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: "Best" way to transition to paying all things with credit?

@Anonymous wrote:
I would like to utilize the awesome rewards my new pretties have and I'm curious which way is the best way to pay? Right now I'm putting everything on my amex BCP to hit the sign-up bonus. Do I PIF before or after the statement cuts or leave a small balance? I have 0% apr for 15 months soooo.
TIA!

This is up to you! For maximum scoring, you would need to pay off all your cards before the statement cuts except for one and leave 1-9% reporting. However, if you are not actively seeking credit, it doesn't really matter that much. I just use my cards and pay soon after the statement cuts. As long as you pay in full by the due date, you do not have to worry about interest. Smiley Happy

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.