cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Buy Power" (Capital One) ....What is this offer I keep getting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Buy Power" (Capital One) ....What is this offer I keep getting?

@Anonymous wrote:

I kinda get the idea of the card. 

but I dont know...it just seems like there's no point to it. Wouldnt the dealership find a way to work the number's in a way that you would never even see the savings? 

The reward structure doesnt seem to be significant enough to make a difference. Am I missing something

Mailer I got: 

- 0% intro 12 months and then 23% after

- 23% balance transfers

- Penalty APR 29.65% Smiley Indifferent

- No annual fees

- no earnings expiration

You make the best deal possible and make no mention of the card until you agree on a price. To them it is just like cash. My father does this every few years and drops the price by a couple thousand, or whatever he saved up in rewards.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Buy Power" (Capital One) ....What is this offer I keep getting?

pipeguy wrote:

AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Dang Pipeguy, thats alot of tolls and coffeSmiley Wink

" a card's worthwhile if its worthwhile for you" myFico Confuscious says Smiley Happy lol Smiley Happy

Damn tolls !!  I-95 flex lanes go up with volume so even going in at 5:00 AM its $5.50 to $6.50 and coming out anywhere from $12 to $15+ per day and that doesn't count the $180 or so the DW uses but she doesn't have to use them all the way to DC. I do have a choice, I can use the regular lanes and enjoy a 4-5 hour commute daily Smiley Sad

Can't do anything about the Starbucks .... got to have my 20 oz plain Starbucks coffee every day - it's a vice (but I don't eat lunch). 

good lord. doesnt the transponder toll device at least give you half off on tolls?  I remember driving out to NYC on the turnpike there were a few that cost quite a bit but were a long haul.  Of course I only get half off on tols in my state.
Is there a cheaper way to get to work maybe buying a month pass to take the train or amtrak?
I have NEVER been charged extra to use an express lane.  That is a crock of crap and not any different than chicago red light cameras.  My heart goes out to u buddy.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.