Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."

tag
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."

@Duncanrr wrote:
I joined Chase as well this week. Chase Amazon Visa (your old card) and Chase Freedom. In a year I'll app for CSP.

Congrats on getting both cards. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 11 of 23
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks.  I squeeked by instant approval on Amazon one (they pulled EX and EQ) and I had to recon Freedom (EX pull).  Going to banker tomorrow to setup 10/10 and hope they will not insist on another HP for checking account.

Happy for OP's success.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 23
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! I'm in a similar position as you. I was approved for 2K with Chase Freedom this month and looking to prove that I'll be a good loan candidate in the Fall 2013 as well.
Message 13 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Chase is a nice bank!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 23
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

One more question (not that it really matters, but I'm just curious)...

Is the CSP a Mastercard or Visa, or is it just luck of the draw on which one you get?

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TNTransplant wrote:

Is the CSP a Mastercard or Visa, or is it just luck of the draw on which one you get?

It can be either one.  It tends to default to Visa though if you just apply from the Chase website.  If you want a MasterCard you can either apply through the MasterCard website (like I did) or call and request a MasterCard version after approval.

Message 16 of 23
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TNTransplant wrote:

It can be either one.  It tends to default to Visa though if you just apply from the Chase website.  If you want a MasterCard you can either apply through the MasterCard website (like I did) or call and request a MasterCard version after approval.

Thanks, koop.  I went through the Chase website, so I imagine I will get the Visa.

One thing that I really liked about the card was the No Foreign Transfer fees.  Does anyone know if Visa/Mastercard is more preferred when traveling out of the country?

Message 17 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations! That's a great approval, and I hope that you enjoy your new card. Also, I wanted to state that I really appeciate your attitude. Many of us here, including myself, have made mistakes with our credit. Instead of blaming the lending institution, you've learned from the experience and have improved your credit behavior, which has led you back into Chase's good graces. I take my hat off to you!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 23
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

I love Chase. One of my hoghest CL is with them.

Message 19 of 23
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Congratulations! That's a great approval, and I hope that you enjoy your new card. Also, I wanted to state that I really appeciate your attitude. Many of us here, including myself, have made mistakes with our credit. Instead of blaming the lending institution, you've learned from the experience and have improved your credit behavior, which has led you back into Chase's good graces. I take my hat off to you!

Thanks, Tinu.

I've learned so much about my credit during the 9 months I've been a member here, and it's amazing how much things improve by applying that knowledge.  I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit that my past credit issues were my fault.

I have been so strict with my budget this year (did break down and go on vacation this summer - I NEEDED it), but other than that I've made tremendous strides with reducing my revolving debt; it's all paying off now with getting prime cards with good limits. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.