Reply
Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."


Duncanrr wrote:
I joined Chase as well this week. Chase Amazon Visa (your old card) and Chase Freedom. In a year I'll app for CSP.

Congrats on getting both cards. :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,843
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."

Thanks.  I squeeked by instant approval on Amazon one (they pulled EX and EQ) and I had to recon Freedom (EX pull).  Going to banker tomorrow to setup 10/10 and hope they will not insist on another HP for checking account.

 

Happy for OP's success.



Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
EandK23
Posts: 178
Registered: ‎09-12-2012
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."

Congrats!! I'm in a similar position as you. I was approved for 2K with Chase Freedom this month and looking to prove that I'll be a good loan candidate in the Fall 2013 as well.
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Posts: 7,230
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."

Congrats! Chase is a nice bank!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."

One more question (not that it really matters, but I'm just curious)...

 

Is the CSP a Mastercard or Visa, or is it just luck of the draw on which one you get?


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Established Contributor
Koop10010
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎02-15-2012
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."


TNTransplant wrote:

One more question (not that it really matters, but I'm just curious)...

 

Is the CSP a Mastercard or Visa, or is it just luck of the draw on which one you get?


It can be either one.  It tends to default to Visa though if you just apply from the Chase website.  If you want a MasterCard you can either apply through the MasterCard website (like I did) or call and request a MasterCard version after approval.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."


Koop10010 wrote:

TNTransplant wrote:

One more question (not that it really matters, but I'm just curious)...

 

Is the CSP a Mastercard or Visa, or is it just luck of the draw on which one you get?


It can be either one.  It tends to default to Visa though if you just apply from the Chase website.  If you want a MasterCard you can either apply through the MasterCard website (like I did) or call and request a MasterCard version after approval.


Thanks, koop.  I went through the Chase website, so I imagine I will get the Visa.

 

One thing that I really liked about the card was the No Foreign Transfer fees.  Does anyone know if Visa/Mastercard is more preferred when traveling out of the country?


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel
Posts: 4,877
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."

Congratulations! That's a great approval, and I hope that you enjoy your new card. Also, I wanted to state that I really appeciate your attitude. Many of us here, including myself, have made mistakes with our credit. Instead of blaming the lending institution, you've learned from the experience and have improved your credit behavior, which has led you back into Chase's good graces. I take my hat off to you!


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,550
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."

Congrats !!

 

I love Chase. One of my hoghest CL is with them.




Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012
0

Re: "CHASE, I APOLOGIZE..."


tinuviel wrote:

Congratulations! That's a great approval, and I hope that you enjoy your new card. Also, I wanted to state that I really appeciate your attitude. Many of us here, including myself, have made mistakes with our credit. Instead of blaming the lending institution, you've learned from the experience and have improved your credit behavior, which has led you back into Chase's good graces. I take my hat off to you!


Thanks, Tinu.

 

I've learned so much about my credit during the 9 months I've been a member here, and it's amazing how much things improve by applying that knowledge.  I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit that my past credit issues were my fault.

 

I have been so strict with my budget this year (did break down and go on vacation this summer - I NEEDED it), but other than that I've made tremendous strides with reducing my revolving debt; it's all paying off now with getting prime cards with good limits. :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}