Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Clear" Discover card designs?

tag
Coldness
Contributor

"Clear" Discover card designs?

I'm wanting to grab a new Discover design since everyone around here seems to have the classic. I'm interested in the Black Glow but the picture makes it look hard to read and cheesy - does it look good? Does Discover have any good looking clear designs (think Amex blue)? I wish their site offered a 3d model or something other then the crappy tiny little pictures Smiley Sad it's such a hard decision! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
DI
Super Contributor

Re: "Clear" Discover card designs?

@Coldness wrote:

I'm wanting to grab a new Discover design since everyone around here seems to have the classic. I'm interested in the Black Glow but the picture makes it look hard to read and cheesy - does it look good? Does Discover have any good looking clear designs (think Amex blue)? I wish their site offered a 3d model or something other then the crappy tiny little pictures Smiley Sad it's such a hard decision! 

I used to have the Black Glow design.  It looks great.  I now have the Palm Trees design to represent my Miami.   Discover have no clear designs.

Message 2 of 15
Coldness
Contributor

How'd the black glow compare to the classic More / Platinum look? 

If you look under the "graphics" category on their site, there's a few listed with 'clear' in the description, like the bubbles designs... I'm not sure if they're actually transparent or not?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im currentrly using the Skyline card from Discover. Its supper cool looking. It has a picture of a city, the card it self is clear. You can see through it. Check that design out!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the beach biodegradable one.. awesome looking!
Message 5 of 15
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I had the blue clear first, but it is actually pretty blah. Not very translucent at all.

I switched to the classic More, then got my DS the yellow tabby, since he has, well, a yellow tabby.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 6 of 15
android01
Valued Contributor

I've got the one they offered me for being a member for 25 years.  It's a jet black card with the number 25 in a kind of sparkly silver/gray written diagonally across it.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 15
Coldness
Contributor

Well, now I'm torn on Black Glow or the "clear" blue circles. I want a clear card, but I'll be applying for Amex Blue around this time next year, so... hm! 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Coldness wrote:

Discover sent me a wrong design card when I appd ... it was Clear - Purple.   As you can see it on their web site, it is not really clear.  Discover does not have Clear one like Amex does. 

With Discover, you can order different designed card and carries more than one card in your wallet.  If you are not happy with a card you received, order another one for FREE or charge.

Since they sent me wrong one, I called and ordered Dolphin (right half is a Black and left half is Dolphin exactly same as Clear-Dolphin) design that I originally wanted.   Later, I ordered Japanese Flag and then Monogram - Light Green/Key Lime  with my first name initial in the middle of the card addition to existing cards.  It would be nice if they can make one with my pet's picture ~ then it is only one card in the whole world.

P.S.

I switches out my cards in my wallet few times a year.  I love the fact that Discover let us choose and order more than one cc to carry.  Especially my other ccs are nothing but in color of blue ... Chase Freedom VISA and MC, Citi Thank You (used to be Driver's Edge in black with green on the edge), NFCU nRewards VISA ... so easy to find it in my wallet by its color ~ Addison VISA (Silver), Amex Blue (Clear), Chase MC (Wa-Mu Platinum Silver), NFCU cashRewards (Green), and Discover More (Purple, White, Blue/Black, Key Lime) ~ at the time of payment at the register.

Message 9 of 15
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

For me Black Glow or Schnauzers are the best cards.

But I seriously use the Black Glow and it is a classy looking card if that is what you want. I suspect people think it is a special card of some kind as they don't show up that often, I am sure.

I tell 'Oskar' that the schnauzer card is his, but he is very frugal with his funds as most Germans are.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.