Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"EASY" STORE CARDS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"EASY" STORE CARDS

I'm in rebuild mode with my credit and need credit cards but have terrible scores.  I've cleaned up everything best I can and am paying everything on time, but don't have the "right" balance of credit.  Are there any particular stores that are giving credit cards to by trying to develop customers right now?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: "EASY" STORE CARDS

Macys
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

i say macys too if you have 6-12 months good on time history and high 500 score. I got card less than a year ago and my limit went 300-600-1200-2400 every 3 months
Message 3 of 20
courtney34

Target is easy too but not nearly as generous as Macys with credit lines and increases.
Message 4 of 20
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Macy's, JC Penney's, Best Buy, Kay Jewelers.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 5 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

LisaJ wrote:
Macy's, JC Penney's, Best Buy, Kay Jewelers.

Agree, except for the Best Buy card. HSBC --yikes!!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
i say macys too if you have 6-12 months good on time history and high 500 score. I got card less than a year ago and my limit went 300-600-1200-2400 every 3 months

As always YMMV. I was declined for Macy's. My scores were in the 580's at the time (back in Sept 2008). My wife was approved for Macy's in November (black Friday weekend) her scores were in the mid 600's.

Now as far as Macy's increases,  this is her third month with the card, she called them for an increase, the rep told her they have extended increases to six months now, no longer three months. So either she got a bad customer service rep, or Macy's has changed policy because of this economic/recession BS.

Message 7 of 20
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

I called 800-356-2347 and a Macy's Rep told me they will review or you can request every 4 months. I got this number off the backdoor # list. I was just approved for this card last week and my eq score was a 499, tu 566. So I agree Macy's is easy.
Message 8 of 20
Roxlie
Contributor

Bankruptcy in 2006 No baddies since then.  Currently I have 13 cards.  Most are 2k+ limits.  As of last week, my EQ score is 666. I tried Macy's this morning and they don't want anything to do with me.
Message 9 of 20
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Walmart is easy. I wouldn't bother with Target I know a few people in the mid high 700's who got $300 credit limits from them. IF you shop at Macy's that might be the way to go. It's getting to be a crapshoot these days.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.