Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"EASY" STORE CARDS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "EASY" STORE CARDS

I just went to Banana Republic today. I bought a shirt and opened a Banana Card account. I only have 1 CC and a Dell and Zales account.

My scores are 690, 661, 683

4 year credit history

Awesome card as I got 15% off my purcahse. I also get 10% off any time I buy something there. 

$800 credit limit as well

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on my scores in siggy , any suggestions , what about gas cards ?
Message 12 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

On the FICO score reports (I'm assuming that these are FICO's, bought here on this site --I think you said that somewhere else), what are given as your positives and negatives on screen two, the one with the scale balance? (EX only gave negatives and didn't display a balance.)

In other words, what's keeping your score down? I'm guessing that you probably ought to do some clean-up before getting a card, depending on what's going on there.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's still gives GLI every 3 months if you call like clockwork! If a rep tells you otherwise, I would hang up and call back.
Message 14 of 20
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@LisaJ wrote:
Macy's, JC Penney's, Best Buy, Kay Jewelers.

Agree, except for the Best Buy card. HSBC --yikes!!

BBY is pretty good I think.  I mean customers at my store get approved for like 10,000and so on.

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 15 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm happy with my store card. But I would never call it an easy store card to get.

And since HSBC gives you their (mostly) sad MC if you don't qualify for the store card, you're then headed down that fun road.

If I'm going to be declined, I want to be declined, not shunted off onto something I don't really want.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 20
stoopidmunkee
Regular Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm happy with my store card. But I would never call it an easy store card to get.

And since HSBC gives you their (mostly) sad MC if you don't qualify for the store card, you're then headed down that fun road.

If I'm going to be declined, I want to be declined, not shunted off onto something I don't really want.

I guess this is when you apply online for the BBY card and get declined you get offered the RZMC...or something, because in store we give you the option on what card you want and apply you for that card you request.  Which that sounds kidna of crappy, but I would always recommend if you want the BBY card apply in store not online.  

CITI - $3500 - CAP1 - $750 - RZMC - $600 - BOA - $600 - CAP2 -$500 - Credit Union $500

TU: 707 (From Wal-Mart's website) * Finally made the 700 club!!!!!!!*
Message 17 of 20
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Shell but they're inquiry driven.  I had 7, and declined.  2 bumped off and I was approved.  Small limit to begin with $250, and a $100 increase at month 6.  woopie.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target starts most at $200, Wal-Mart is through GEMB, you never know when that CLD will hit. Target generally has low starting limits unless you qualify for their Visa, but I think they are more stable than GEMB. I did get a CLI from Target after 3 months.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

See im not looking for the "EASY" , pay us $100 per year 35% interest , im just looking for a card with a lower credit limit to start , decent ( not super) interest , that my credit pull hit will be worth it and I can use it like so many others to rebuild my credit.

I was mostly looking forgas ones , because I would use it that much and my tank takes $35-45 to fil and can be paid easily..

Thank you all..

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.