Frequent Contributor
CreditMuppet

Re: "Fico's Most talked about or #1 Credit Card"

CS800 wrote:

So for you guys on here, what AMEX do you carry?

PR Gold and Blue Cash Preferred.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
CS800

Pacman2012 wrote:

Pacman do you have an AMEX? I do agree with you that with the young population (i include myself in the younger people category) it's a great perk. You go out in Boston to the pubs and restaurants and see a lot of the yuppies as I would call them flip out hte AMEX; mostly the green or gold one.

But it's as you said the prestige of an AMEX. I wonder if having an AMEX helps when it comes to a lender, creditor or even another card company in terms of getting another card? Assuming you have a decent score etc.

I am additional cardholder on my fiance's Zync (she has great credit). With her score though I'm thinking of us trying for gold :smileywink: wish us luck but i have to convince her first -_-.

If you have the Zync and with good credit, I don't see any difficulty in getting the Gold. It's a charge card and two steps above the Zync. I think there is the PR Gold Charge card then at hte top you get the cream of the crop AMEX Platinum.

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor
CS800

CreditMuppet wrote:

CS800 wrote:

So for you guys on here, what AMEX do you carry?

PR Gold and Blue Cash Preferred.

Thats a great combo for charge and credit card. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
raenys

I have Business Gold and BCE. 

Moderator Emeritus
fused

I think its difficult to pinpoint just one CC. As far as CCCs go, I have to go with Amex too. Tons and tons and TONS of Amex threads.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Contributor
jmzd

I agree the AMEX has a certain prestige to it. I'm in the Midwest but a few weeks ago my cousin came in from LA and when we went to a restaurant with tight seating he asked if we could just show them our AMEX cards...I had to reply that it didn't really work here and the fact that I knew the owners/bartender was going to get us further.

I have noticed that when I travel to Chicago or NYC and open a tab with the plat card I get much better service than those around me. One is certainly not trying to impress the pay-at-the-pump or the cc terminal at Target. However, in situations with direct customer service like bars, restaurants and hotels a nice pair of shoes and and a platinum amex which has a reputation for big spending will get you somewhere.

So it's talked about because it has perks other than the ones listed in the terms and conditions. It's also talked about because they have stringent membership requirements. When they send you a card you get a feeling of having your credit pulled together.  

January 2011 Score: 663
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 750
Established Contributor
dharalex

I just received my Gold Premier Rewards and Blue cards...I've always wanted Amex, and couldn't be happier now that I have it. I do want to switch out the blue for a blue cash everyday this spring. Their custormer service is second to none, which is really important to me.  I don't think I'll ever want the platinum with that AF! I'm happy just knowing I can buy everyone a drink without the use of any credit if I wanted to! If I get less service for not having a prestigious card, then they get less tip!:smileysurprised:

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Super Contributor
CS800

dharalex wrote:

I just received my Gold Premier Rewards and Blue cards...I've always wanted Amex, and couldn't be happier now that I have it. I do want to switch out the blue for a blue cash everyday this spring. Their custormer service is second to none, which is really important to me.  I don't think I'll ever want the platinum with that AF! I'm happy just knowing I can buy everyone a drink without the use of any credit if I wanted to! If I get less service for not having a prestigious card, then they get less tip!:smileysurprised:

I'm thinking that the AMEX Platinum is very difficult to get?

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

For AMEX,   Lets not forget all the talk about Financial Reviews and freezing your cards while you submit your tax returns.

Established Contributor
dharalex

I'm sure it is....and I'm sure I can't get one....yet!!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+