Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Further Review"

tag
Omri
New Contributor

"Further Review"

Just apped for CSP and SPG cards. Got approved for CSP (yay!) and the response for SPG was that my application was "under further review" and that I would get a response within 14 days. Should I wait for them to respond with either an acceptance or rejection, or give them a call now? My concern with calling now is that I really don't know why exactly they wanted to review it further.

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: "Further Review"

Have you checked the status online yet? There's a page you can go to...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 10
Omri
New Contributor

Oh? Where is that, and how can I log into it (as I don't believe I have a login for it that I know of).

Message 3 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 10
Omri
New Contributor

Thank you! It says "declined," so I guess it's time for a phone call!

Argh, when I initially go there, I enter the info it asks, then it shows the card, status is declined, and says "To view the full decision details click here." When I click there, they ask for my DOB, I give it, and then click the "Check Application" button, and it hangs for an eternity before coming back with an error. I'd love to see WHY I was declined so I can craft my arguments around it.

Message 5 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Well atleast you got approved for one cc. I would call and recon the other. Good luck

Message 6 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Those are two cards on my radar for June. What's your CR, scores, etc look like?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the one approval! Try a recon with the other. Hope it works! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 10
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats on your new CSP, I want this card badly.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 9 of 10
Omri
New Contributor

Thanks! It's the one I wanted more, so I'm glad I got it, although the recon phone call probably would have been easier with Chase than it seems to be with AmEx (since I have a relationship with Chase, but not much of one with AmEx).

I'm worried about the recon of the SPG card though, since when I called earlier, the CSR said they need to pull my credit again to recon it. I plan on gardening for a year or two after this mini-spree anyways, but still!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.