Frequent Contributor
shyboy

"Get a Credit Card" bottom on myfico???

How accurate is the “Get a credit card” bottom on myfico for picking the right card. I was bored so I click on it and under credit rating I click on poor (580 & below) and I got an offer for a discover student open road card. Can this be true??

FYI my rating is fair just wanted to see
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Valued Contributor
debtisgood

Re: "Get a Credit Card" bottom on myfico???

If you are a student with those scores I assume your odds are pretty good. You can always check it out on whogavemecredit.com
Frequent Contributor
shyboy

Thank you. Right now so afraid to apply for anything. LOL
So i just keep righting
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Established Contributor
beenthere

Next to worthless.

shyboy wrote:
How accurate is the “Get a credit card” bottom on myfico for picking the right card. I was bored so I click on it and under credit rating I click on poor (580 & below) and I got an offer for a discover student open road card. Can this be true??

FYI my rating is fair just wanted to see

1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693
Frequent Contributor
shyboy

earlier today, i apply over the phone for there student open card but was denial but was offered the hsbc direct merchant card. Should i send a recon

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}