cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"It's not a Card. It's THE Card." TRAVELITE American Express -- FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF OMAHA

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: "It's not a Card. It's THE Card." TRAVELITE American Express -- FIRST NATIONAL BANK O

OP give us the 4-1-1 on your credit - score? baddies? aaoa? util? etc.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 31 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "It's not a Card. It's THE Card." TRAVELITE American Express -- FIRST NATIONAL BANK O

@Jlu wrote:

OP give us the 4-1-1 on your credit - score? baddies? aaoa? util? etc.

All three scores vary but all are in the high 600's -- almost at the 7's but close enough - hope to hit the 7s by new years - TU 688, EQ 698, EQ 683 - Couple baddies 60 days but those are aging -- will be falling off in about 9 months. Util 4% Total CLs Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 43
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: "It's not a Card. It's THE Card." TRAVELITE -- ooooooooooh, I am sooooo tempted to ap

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Actually ... if used correctly it's an AF free card ....." receive up to $100 in statement credits for incidental airline expenses" 

That's great, but it assumes you have $100 in "incidental airline expenses" every year. Lots of people - even some frequent travelers - don't. If most of your travels are international, for example, most international flights take one or two free check-in bags. As for the food on board airlines, their "gourmet" meals tend to be overly expensive and not that tasty (sorry, I'm a bit of a foody). Want to eat at better airport restaurants, though? Doesn't seem like this card will reimburse you for that. In fact, from that page it's not even clear it reimburses checked luggages.

If someone has these expenses already, though, then yes, this is a great card.

Message 33 of 43
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Re: "It's not a Card. It's THE Card." TRAVELITE -- ooooooooooh, I am sooooo tempted to ap

@yfan wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Actually ... if used correctly it's an AF free card ....." receive up to $100 in statement credits for incidental airline expenses" 

That's great, but it assumes you have $100 in "incidental airline expenses" every year. Lots of people - even some frequent travelers - don't. If most of your travels are international, for example, most international flights take one or two free check-in bags. As for the food on board airlines, their "gourmet" meals tend to be overly expensive and not that tasty (sorry, I'm a bit of a foody). Want to eat at better airport restaurants, though? Doesn't seem like this card will reimburse you for that. In fact, from that page it's not even clear it reimburses checked luggages.

Online airline gift cards, bought through the airline's website work for the Amex Plat ... I'd assume they'd work for FNBO as well

Message 34 of 43
rlx01
Established Contributor

Yet another CSP competitor.

Reminds me of the WF Propel World.
Message 35 of 43
yfan
Valued Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Online airline gift cards, bought through the airline's website work for the Amex Plat ... I'd assume they'd work for FNBO as well

But they don't list it - they don't even list baggage fees. Maybe someone who gets the card can confirm.

Message 36 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

I called this afternoon and they will reimburse you via statement credits for card baggage, fees, airport lounge access, on-board food and beverages and more. Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

I called this afternoon and they will reimburse you via statement credits for card baggage, fees, airport lounge access, on-board food and beverages and more. Smiley Happy

Thanks, I withdraw my reservations then, it might be good value for those with the right travel/spending profile.

Message 38 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:

Don't see transfer as a possibility, so not really competing with CSP.

Message 39 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTs is at zero APR until 9/2014.

@longtimelurker wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

Don't see transfer as a possibility, so not really competing with CSP.

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.