Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Missing" CC charges

tag
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

"Missing" CC charges

This might be an odd question but I was expecting a hotel to put charges on my Amex (bar usage) after I checked out. I don't see them even after a week. I don't see a hold either (which I see with all hotels). I don't think it's worth $15-20 to get put on some list or get something submitted to collections. Should I call and ask for those charges to be put on my card?

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Missing" CC charges

I had gone to a restaurant and paid by credit card.  A week later, the charge still wasn't there.  I called the restaurant and they said they had a problem with their credit card machine so some of the charges didn't process that particular week.  They said "Don't worry about it.  It was your lucky day.".  That was more than a year ago.  I'd call them just to be on the safe side.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 2 of 7
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

same happened to me with a 200 charge at my local bar with my amex green more than a month. charge was never processed or posted on my account and it finally fell of my pending charges after 10 days.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 3 of 7
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I bought around 5k of hardware in store on my MC and it was authorized but the charge never showed up. After a while I just assumed they lost the charge slip so I called them. They had changed card processors about the time of the charge and mine slipped through the cracks. They just took the card info over the phone the second time and it did get posted a few days later.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 4 of 7
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I might as well do that. I experience more worry than joy at not being charged, ha! Thanks!

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 5 of 7
bribro
Valued Contributor

I don't see how they could possibly send you to collections since they screwed up. Good for you for being honest.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 7
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I don't see how they could possibly send you to collections since they screwed up. Good for you for being honest.

Hehe, I don't know. I'm just wary.

I called them and it seemed as if they didn't do their job properly. They didn't have a proper hold on the CC (and no CC number with them) and they also obviously didn't manage to put the bar charges on the card even though they had them on file. I was happy to settle the account properly.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.