Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "PC" Question

I did it through their website.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently the chat now feature doesn't exist for me on the capital one site.    Noticed I'm not alone when trying to access it!

Message 12 of 18
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did it through their website.

I have a C1 Platinum that was an old HSBC Sears MC.  About 6 months after the card was backed by C1, they offered by mail to PC to the Venture Card.. Didn't take advantage of it as I don't fly that much.  A year later my SO wanted to be an AU on the card and I tried at that time to PC to Venture.  C1 denied my request. Now I've recieved an email to PC to either the QS or the Venture. Both times I was only allowed to PC by phone never online or through Live Chat. I noticed the Venture carries a $59 AF. Don't know whether C1 charges all Venture Cardholders the AF.... but this is something you may want to consider.  YMMV.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Jim! I have never spoke to the EO and currently trying to find a number to call them. Figured it's worth asking at least.

Also about the AF... I think I read somewhere that one has an annual fee and the other didn't.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Cap 1 You have to keep asking if you have offers every month . You could be eligible for a great offer and they wont tell you about it unless you ask .

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I simply used the chat feature and asked the rep if I had any offers to upgrade. I was told that I could upgrade my Journey either to the QS or the Venture One. I chose QS for the Journey and I just literally 30 mins ago, upgraded my platinum to the Venuture One. If the chat feature is not available, then I guess you could call them or try the FB route. I wonder if their are requirements to upgrade?

Message 16 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I simply used the chat feature and asked the rep if I had any offers to upgrade. I was told that I could upgrade my Journey either to the QS or the Venture One. I chose QS for the Journey and I just literally 30 mins ago, upgraded my platinum to the Venuture One. If the chat feature is not available, then I guess you could call them or try the FB route. I wonder if their are requirements to upgrade?

They do review last soft pull, or do another one, and current scores, profile are a consideration.

Signature needs updating
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PC'd my QS1 to QS via live chat. If you are in credit steps you'll get a higher limit after the first couple statements.

However they do appear very reluctant to give CLIs, at least in my experience. Ran 15k purchases last year with 5k limit and was denied CLI, reason being not enough usage compared to limit.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.