Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Presence of Delinquency"

tag
Commandolam
New Contributor

"Presence of Delinquency"

Hey guys, 

I got denied for the Sallie Mae Rewards card a week or 2 back and I finally got the denial letter with my score and the reasons why I was declined.  Among one of the reasons was "presence of delinquency".  I was almost positive my credit history was spotless so I used the free report that comes with a denial to see what the delinquency was.  According the report agency pulled, Experian, I have 0 "potentially negative" items in my report and no cards were paid late at any time.

What could the delinquency possibly be?  Or is this just a computer mistake?

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: "Presence of Delinquency"

@Commandolam wrote:

Hey guys, 

I got denied for the Sallie Mae Rewards card a week or 2 back and I finally got the denial letter with my score and the reasons why I was declined.  Among one of the reasons was "presence of delinquency".  I was almost positive my credit history was spotless so I used the free report that comes with a denial to see what the delinquency was.  According the report agency pulled, Experian, I have 0 "potentially negative" items in my report and no cards were paid late at any time.

What could the delinquency possibly be?  Or is this just a computer mistake?

RECON!!!

866-408-4064

Barclays is very good with recon and it looks like its an error that caused the denial. Good luck!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: "Presence of Delinquency"

+1

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.