cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Real" Discover, But Not Walmart Discover?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

"Real" Discover, But Not Walmart Discover?

Hello all...how is it that I qualified for the Discover it Card but did not qualify for the Walmart Discover Card? I was approved for the Discover it Card the same day I was approved for the Walmart Store Card. Is this common? Thanks for your input.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
solstice00
Regular Contributor

Re: "Real" Discover, But Not Walmart Discover?

Walmart has an internal scoring system. So the approval odds differs inbetween them.

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 2 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

DIscover has nothing to do with the Walmart Discover.  The Walmart Discover is issued by GE.  They are the ones lending you the money, not Discover.  GE and Discover have different criteria.  You qualified for the Discover IT with their criteria and for the Walmart card with GE's criteria.  Use the card and PIF for the best chances of getting upgraded down the road. 

You can think of it like a Chase Freedom card has nothing to do with Visa.  Chase backs the card and lends the money, it just runs on the Visa network.

Message 3 of 4
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Same situation for me, but I am actually ok since I rarely use the Walmart card. 

P.S. - Your sig shows you have the Walmart Discover so all is good Smiley Tongue

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.