New Contributor
Helena_313

"Rebuilder" Round 2

[ Edited ]
Okay, I made mistakes in college and am in the rebuilding process. I even messed up with Orchard and First Premier and both of those were charged off (and paid in full) and closed. I've had a WaMu, and Cap1, and First Financial Bank, my horrible record with them is still fresh and clear in their minds too. My scores are in my siggy - would my best bet to try to re-establish a positive revolving line be with a secured card?

Message Edited by Helena_313 on 09-24-2008 07:35 AM
03/2013 EQ 606 TU 609
Established Contributor
Pappy214

Re: "Rebuilder" Round 2

Secured is the way to go to start rebuilding. I have a secured card and it reports to all three CRA's. Since I have only had the card four months now, I still am not qualifying for any unsecured cards. But hopefully once I get a real FICO score it will be good enough to get a few unsecured cards.

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."
New Contributor
Helena_313

That's kind of what I figured - I just wanted to hear from some other people, too. Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, who is your secured card with?
03/2013 EQ 606 TU 609
Established Contributor
Pappy214

Orchard. Their customer service isn't the best, but they report to all three CRA"s and to me that was a deciding factor. They also report as a credit card, not a "secured" credit card on the reports. (Some banks report a secured credit card as a "secured credit card" on the reports.)  

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

how does it look to creditors to have "secured" on your report?
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Established Contributor
Pappy214

I don't know, that is why I am glad Orchard does not report it that way. I am not sure how it looks to potential creditors.

Senior Contributor
score_building

laz98 wrote:
how does it look to creditors to have "secured" on your report?

a bit risky, i'd imagine...
but there are many other things they'll look at that may weigh more heavily, on it's own prolly not a deal breaker, but it depends... also, if the card 'graduates', this notation is likely updated to reflect 'cc' instead of 'secured cc'

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}