Reply
Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl
Posts: 463
Registered: ‎11-28-2012
0

"Shopping Cart Trick" Questions

Thank you to whomever posted the VS trick btw, wouldn't have known & gotten this card otherwise! (wouldn't have apped for it outright). I have a few questions, if anyone knows?

 

1. I have previously ordered VS online (paying by another form, obviously), and instantly received the pop-up pre-approval the other night while checking out. But, I was buying a few things for my son @ PacSun (also owned/financed via Comenity Bank) and did not receive this pop-up. Does anyone know if only existing account holders (have previously purchased from the online store so you have an existing "account") only receive these pre-approved pop-ups?

 

2. Any other online store/credit lenders have this shopping cart pre-approval pop up?

 

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+


Senior Contributor
bichonmom
Posts: 3,318
Registered: ‎05-05-2011
0

Re: "Shopping Cart Trick" Questions

I've tried with a couple of WFNNB cards @ checkout without any luck. I beleive I've read here that Express works. If you do a search under WFNNB, you can probably find threads with the cards that will work. Keep in mind though, that even w/o the ding of an inq, you'll still get the ding to your AAoA for a new acct.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl
Posts: 463
Registered: ‎11-28-2012
0

Re: "Shopping Cart Trick" Questions

I am filing away all responses for future use :smileyhappy:

I just wasn't sure if I had to shop with the store prior to getting the pre-approval pop up upon check out

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+


Contributor
jmcmillan
Posts: 75
Registered: ‎07-15-2011
0

Re: "Shopping Cart Trick" Questions

After spending a couple years trying to get this trick to work, I finally found out why each site preapproves differently. Each site pulls a specific CB report. I was approved for J Crew, but could not get Buckle to work (which is the card I wanted). Then, I saw a poster mention that Buckle pulls Equifax. I looked at my Equifax personal information, and noticed that they mostly only had my PO boxes on my report (which you cannot use for credit card applications). There was only one physical address on my Equifax, an address I haven't lived at for years. I put that address on my account with Buckle, exactly as it appears on Equifax, and now I always get the preapproval pop-up.

 

Now, if you have an old address on file, you may or may not be able to change it on your application. I had problems with Express, but it appears Buckle allowed me to change my address after accepting the offer.

 

So, if you have a copy of your reports, look at your addresses and make sure your profile on PacSun shows your address exactly as it is on your reports.

Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl
Posts: 463
Registered: ‎11-28-2012
0

Re: "Shopping Cart Trick" Questions

Thanks! I never thought of that!

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+


Contributor
toiletbowl69er
Posts: 106
Registered: ‎11-08-2012
0

Re: "Shopping Cart Trick" Questions

If I may ask, what is the shopping cart trick? I'm on my phone right now so I can't really browse through all the threads to look for it

Capital One Platinum MasterCard | $2,000 | 05/08
Macy's Store Card | $1,500 | 09/09
Chase Freedom Visa | $3,100 | 11/11
Discover It | $750 | 03/12
American Express BCE | $1,000 | 11/12
Chase SP Visa Signature | $8,000 | 12/12
Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,255
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: "Shopping Cart Trick" Questions


toiletbowl69er wrote:

If I may ask, what is the shopping cart trick? I'm on my phone right now so I can't really browse through all the threads to look for it


its basicly go to a website like victorias secret, or express  there is a list floating around here... 

and you add some stuff to the cart..

 then if your pre approved they give you a credit card with no hard pull... (upon checkout) but you dont actually have to buy anything. 

 

Current: Discover Fico 689 9/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011
0

Re: "Shopping Cart Trick" Questions


creditnocash wrote:

toiletbowl69er wrote:

If I may ask, what is the shopping cart trick? I'm on my phone right now so I can't really browse through all the threads to look for it


its basicly go to a website like victorias secret, or express  there is a list floating around here... 

and you add some stuff to the cart..

 then if your pre approved they give you a credit card with no hard pull... (upon checkout) but you dont actually have to buy anything. 

 


Don't forget that you need to fill out the personal information first, just your name and billing address.  If they have an approval for you it will pop up on the screen.  If you have to put ANYTHING other than the last 4 of your SS# then you will get a hard and not soft pull.

 

I have read many people trying this but actually going through a full application process, but the preapproval will require very limited information from you because they already have it. 


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,880
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: "Shopping Cart Trick" Questions

I have tried it on Express and Abercrombie & Fitch, so far no luv.  I recently opted back in so maybe that's why. 

Valued Contributor
creditnocash
Posts: 2,255
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: "Shopping Cart Trick" Questions


Rhaeny wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

toiletbowl69er wrote:

If I may ask, what is the shopping cart trick? I'm on my phone right now so I can't really browse through all the threads to look for it


its basicly go to a website like victorias secret, or express  there is a list floating around here... 

and you add some stuff to the cart..

 then if your pre approved they give you a credit card with no hard pull... (upon checkout) but you dont actually have to buy anything. 

 


Don't forget that you need to fill out the personal information first, just your name and billing address.  If they have an approval for you it will pop up on the screen.  If you have to put ANYTHING other than the last 4 of your SS# then you will get a hard and not soft pull.

 

I have read many people trying this but actually going through a full application process, but the preapproval will require very limited information from you because they already have it. 


correct, sorry i was on my phone... 

 

Current: Discover Fico 689 9/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}