Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"That which must not me mentioned" to amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"That which must not me mentioned" to amex

Why is "backdating" a no no to say to amex when referring to MSD?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Re: "That which must not me mentioned" to amex

It confuses them. MSD is what they know.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experiences with CSRs at all the banks which I hold cards, typically they are not as knowledgeable as you would hope. I agree with the above poster. Keep it to terms that are specific to their products, that way there is a good chance they'll know what you're inquiring about. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. The way people talk about it, they make it sound like amex will cancel your cards and blacklist you if you say that. But that makes more sense. Thanks. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed the same thing in recent posts I have read on here alluding to AA from mentioning backdating. I am sure that the more knowledgeable workers, credit analysts for example, are aware of how valuable the backdating is and realize that for the credit savvy it is one of the main draws to American Express. I wouldn't even get an American Express if they didn't offer this particular advantage...

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have noticed the same thing in recent posts I have read on here alluding to AA from mentioning backdating. I am sure that the more knowledgeable workers, credit analysts for example, are aware of how valuable the backdating is and realize that for the credit savvy it is one of the main draws to American Express. I wouldn't even get an American Express if they didn't offer this particular advantage...

I still would.

It's the original superstar card.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is MSD?
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What is MSD?

Member Since Date

Message 8 of 15
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Backdating is a term used on message boards/forums.  The average consumer (not on forums) and AMEX customer service reps have no idea what that means.  And it's unique to American Express.  If one says what one means, Member Since Date is understandable to said average consumer and AMEX CSR's.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thom02099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Backdating is a term used on message boards/forums.  The average consumer (not on forums) and AMEX customer service reps have no idea what that means.  And it's unique to American Express.  If one says what one means, Member Since Date is understandable to said average consumer and AMEX CSR's.

Yes.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.